Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is there a way to place COMMENT form WITHIN the content postloop?

Question

Posted · Report post

Right now, in order for a reader to comment, they must visit the permalink and comment on that page. Is there a way to have the comment count only displayed underneath the post (within the postloop) and then a place to leave a comment WITHIN the postloop??

see this link for example --> http://pinkpeonies.com/blog/page/2/#

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Brighton, you have the add comment link that can be added to the metabar within the blog page, but clicking on this will still take the user to the single post page. Do you mean you want the comment form to appear on the blog page under each entry/excerpt when that button is clicked rather than it redirecting to the single post? So the user stays on the blog page the entire time throughout the process?

Posted · Report post

This has been mentioned in the past and to be honest, no blogging platform being Wordpress, Ghost, Blogger etc... offer this kind of functionality.

If you add a comments form to your Blog page, two things are going to happen.

1. Your blog page will become insanely long even with only a few posts (depending on length of course).

2. Readers won't be reading your full posts unless you set your posts to display that way, which will cause #1 anyway.

3. You will be loading multiple comments forms, depending on the number of posts you display per page.

You may be able to do this via a hook, but I would highly recommend against it. I have never seen a blog or news site that provides this functionality.

Posted · Report post

James B yes that is exactly what I want to do!!! and Danny, I wouldn't be displaying all the comments - just the form! And my readers already do read my entire post because they like to scroll as opposed to opening in a new window (permalink) anyway. I display full post content on my homepage rather than excerpt!

Posted · Report post

Hi Brighton, ah cool I see. Unfortunately it's not an option that's included automatically, but as Danny said it could be included as a hook at the end of the post. I would imagine looking at actionmap you'd need to look at the hooks loop_end or PageLines_inside_bottom_postloop to get it to appear at the end of each post - http://screencast.com/t/frJuyYrV