Footer stuck in the middle of the screen

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I recently had a client complain that one of our blog posts (www.paylinedata.com/payments/irs-releases-proposed-new-1099-k-form/) was broken.  The footer is stuck in the middle of the screen.  I can confirm that this does not happen on any other page, but I assume the problem occurs for any of our blog posts.  He sent this screen shot:

[attachment=1933:Screen Shot 2014-01-29 at 12.48.46 PM.png]

I have not been able to replicate this issue on my end, so I am wondering if you have any thoughts or ideas?  He is running OS X 10.5.8 and Safari 5.0.6.  

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I've tried on safari 6.0.3 and it's not displaying like that, checking browser stack for version 4/5 it still doesn't display on the live page like that. Does the client have any safari extensions installed?

Posted · Report post

Thanks for checking this out, I guess I will just have to keep an eye out for this problem if it isn't a known issue.

Posted · Report post

You're welcome, its def not a know issue we've come across before. If it happens again on the live site, please try disbaling any third party plugins/scripts to see if they're conflicting or causing the problem. If not enable the developer tools/firebug inside the browser and try and capture in a screenshot what's displaying in the source code or firebug inspector for the footer section for us if possible.