Fixed navbar still buggy: 5 months now

Question

Posted · Report post

So in October last year, I posted about a bug in the fixed navbar: http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/30309-fixed-navbar-stuck-changes-not-working/

I got lots of help and support from Danny, but nothing resolved.

Out of curiosity, I tried to enable fixed navbar again, now that we are at DMS 1.1.5, but it's still broken: ie. no changes can be made to navbar on static pages; only on post/category/tag pages

So does anyone have any suggestions about how I can get the fixed navbar working again. Can I reinstall wordpress or DMS or something and then put my content back in? Any and all ideas welcome.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Please email setup an admin level login for us and email to hello @ pagelines.com with a link to this forum post in your email so we can tie the two together. Then we'll log in and take a look at the admin area directly to try and work out whats happening for you.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

From what I can remember you had some issues with the way your site was created, with redirects as Wordpress was installed on another domain. So for me personally, the issue isn't actually with the FixedNavbar, I haven't been able to recreate your issue nor have I ever experienced it.

So this leads me to either plugins you have installed, custom code you may have added which is causing a conflict somewhere or your server/site configuration is causing the issue.

If you can reply here with a URL to your site, with DMS debug mode enabled, we can take another look. Also, if possible, can you install DMS on a different server from a different host and see if you can recreate the problem there too please.

Posted · Report post

James B : account set up and emailed through as requested.

Danny : Hi Danny. Yes, you're memory is correct, however we worked our way through those issues and resolved them and the navbar problem hasn't changed. 

URL: http://performancepotential.com.au/

Debug is enabled.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Can you email me your details again i.e. admin username and password and also tell me what exactly your issue is please.

danny at pagelines dot com

Posted · Report post

Hi Chris,

After checking your debug, would it be possible for you to ask your web host provider to update your PHP version to 5.4+ please. Also, update to the latest version of DMS which is 1.1.5. When both have been updated, reply here and then we can take a proper look for you.