WPML and Flipper, RapidTabs

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I've finally dug into my pocket to buy WPML and switch away from the free Polylang.

Things mostly works but I'm running into a few problems. It is regarding the site www.janpeeters.nl I'm on latest DMS and pro plugin.

Flipper (www.janpeeters.nl)

The flipper on the frontpage shows posts from both languages EN and NL (if you flip through it). I've already tried to activate 'Make themes work multilingual' in WPML but that didn't change a thing. All posts are properly tagged with the right language. And posts that are available in both languages are linked together. The behaviour that I'd expected is that posts get filtered by language.

RapidTabs (www.janpeeters.nl/blog)http://www.janpeeters.nl/blog

With the .po file that I downloaded from Transifex I've been able to properly get words like 'Recent', 'Comments' etc translated to Dutch, but also here the posts are not filtered by language. 

Thanks for some wisdom ;-)

Jan

17 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I just got an reply from WPML. They say that some issues stil exist and that they're working on solving this together with the Pagelines devs.

Hopefully someone can confirm that these sections (Flipper, RapidTabs) are not yet WPML proof.

If they're not, I can try to temporarily replace them with third party components that are compatible.

But maybe there is a solution by injecting some code in these sections via hooks/filters to only show posts from the active WPML language?

Thanks for any help!

Jan

Posted · Report post

Hi Jan

I've sent a message to core to confirm the situation on these sections and if they've heard from the WPML dev's, as soon as I've heard back from them I'll update.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi James B, 

I was curious if you've already heard something back form the devs. Would love to get this working. 

Thanks, Jan

Posted · Report post

We have not heard anything from WPML.

1.2 has been tested in polylang though, everything seems to work 100%

Posted · Report post

Hi Simon_P,

Thanks for the info. Really happy to hear that. I cancelled my subscription to WPML just before I read your post ;-)

I used Polylang for quite a while and have posted a few times about it on this forum so I'm happy it'll be supported with DMS 1.2.

WPML sent me the following email regarding my cancellation:

Just for your information, nothing else:

Dear Jan,

Yes, WPML and Pagelines do not work well for now. We have tried to contact them because we are very interested in the compatibility too but have got no response so far.
If you would like to invite them to contact us, we would appreciate it.
In the meantime I will refund your order for 79.

Kind regards,

Thanks, Jan

Posted · Report post

Any progress?

Posted · Report post

Our developer replied above, informing the OP that we heard nothing back from WPML. However, DMS 2.0 has been test with the PolyLang plugin and everything appears to be OK.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, any info on a window for the release of DMS1.2 (I take it you ment 1.2 and not 2?). Really eager to see all the new goodness ;-)

Posted · Report post

janpeeters this is coming very soon. 

Posted · Report post

Yeah thanks just read Andrews blog.

Posted · Report post

good stuff. :) 

Posted · Report post

Martin Davies"] @[member="Danny is there any news regarding to WPML & PageLines DMS?

Posted · Report post

Martin Davies"] @[member="Danny FYI this was the text of WPML today:

"Unfortunately not. We tried to contact but got no answers. We are very interested in this cooperation, but we have no answers from the developers.

It would be great if you can also contact the author asking him to reply us. This may help expedite the process.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records and once the theme is compatible with WPML we will notify you."

So how can we arrange the two parties will have contact?

Posted · Report post

Hello perininero - the email would have had to come through the desk and everything that comes in automatically has a ticket created and requires an action before it goes anywhere. We will be able to identify where this email went and what happened with it if it was indeed received. 

did you get this communication by email? Could you forward it to hello @ page lines .com for my attention and i will make sure the dev team are made aware of this. 

Posted · Report post

Martin Davies email just send to both PageLines and WPML; keep us posted :-)

Posted · Report post

Hi all, email has been received this evening and has been forwarded to Management team and Developer.

Posted · Report post

Is there any news regarding to this?