Photo

Missing Sidebar and other questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 heshiro

heshiro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

Hello,

I have just purchased Platform Pro and I have an issue along with some other questions I hope I can be helped with.

1) Missing Sidebars - For some reason my main page will not display sidebars, but it will for other pages. In my layout Editor, I have the default dimensions with the sidebar on the right hand side of the content. I have a widget loaded into my primary side bar block in the "widgets" section of my admin panel. But it doesn't show up.

2) Making my Blog Page the home page - I would like that the first thing somebody sees when they come to my site is the blog. By default I had a tab in my navigation called "About" which served as the homepage and label it "Home" in my navigation bar. I am unsure on how to configure the theme in such a way that my blog is the home page, and then the about page and any other pages I create will show up in the navigation bar after the "Home"tab. Currently, I only have one tab on my navigation bar, called "Home" but it only takes me to a page called "Home-2" It doesn't link back to my home page.

3) How would I go about changing the background in my header to a an image rather than having it as a color?

www.monster-theory.com

Thanks in advance!

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:42 AM

1. Let's get a link to the exact page in question.

2. Settings > Reading

3. `#header{background:#fff url(whatever.jpg) no-repeat}`

Thanks, Bryan

#3 heshiro

heshiro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:26 AM

oh my word. Thanks very much bryan. you're suggestion in question #2 resolved my issue with question 1 as well - i.e. the "home" page I made is now the default and it has the sidebar - gonna keep going with this. Thanks!