Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Platform Not Pulling Cufon

Question

Posted · Report post

I installed a font and clicked on cufon, but haven't seen any changes at all. I am using Typekit for the body font, but even with that turned off, cufon isn't picking up the headers.

13 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Bryan, Appreciate the suggestion, but I tried it and it didn't work. I guess Sacker's Gothic can only be used as an image. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

You did regenerate the cufon file for Sackers Gothic correct? You also would have to place it in the correct folder for it to work

Posted · Report post

I did regenerate through cufon and I placed it platformpro.

Posted · Report post

It's a stretch, but maybe you need to clear your browser cache? Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

is the cufon script being loaded? (view source in the header)

Posted · Report post

Yes, it appears that it is. I turned off Typekit and loaded Sackers Gothic in Cufon, but header is coming up with Palatino.

Posted · Report post

Hey Peter, Cufon is indeed working.. I verified with Firebug... your h2 tags are being replaced

Posted · Report post

arpowers, how are they being replaced? From firebug, I see a font-highlight for Palatino, but I assume that is there from the original css. I'b put h1, h2, h3, h4, in Cufon and I haven't seen any of them come up Sackers. I've also put in the menu and that hasn't changed. I turned off Typekit by the way. I'd rather have Cufon on the headers and menu than use Typekit if that's what it comes down to.

Posted · Report post

I also have Platform on another site, appeals.me. I haven't done anything to the Base theme there and Cufon isn't showing up there either.

Posted · Report post

Your Post titles for instance are using Cufon.

Posted · Report post

Adam, Thanks for taking a look, but they still come up Palatino on my Mac. I also tried doing Cufon with the footer widget titles, but they are Palatino also. I looked on both Firefox and Safari.