Site very slow in admin & frontend

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there

I have been experiencing very slow back end & front end speeds since updating to wp 3.8. I have read through all the posts & threads - nothing seems to fit my situation.

I have checked with my hosting site they say my slow speeds with issue on plugin.php on line 429. I have disabled all plugins one by one and no difference.

I have pagelines 2.4.4 . The one thing that points me to the pageline theme to causing the problem is when i go to the themes customise tab i get this 'Sorry preview is disabled, enable PageLines Framework.'. 

I have installed a fresh wp on a different folder and the default theme loads as it should.

Anybody had experience with this situation i would be grateful for the knowledge

thanks

www.lyonshallnurseries.co.uk

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi James,

thanks for the thread. I had most of it in place & there was some useful advice i took up.
I am on a shared server - so that has accounted for some loss of speed.

For anyone having similar issues and not resolving from the above advice. I have got my site at a reasonable speed by contacting my ISP and they reset my profile. My server company said it pointed to ISP issue and they were right!

they gave me a link to check my speed worldwide on different browsers - it helped me. http://webpagetest.org/

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

The preview is disabled in the PageLines Framework by default, unfortunately the standard Wp admin is able to handle/render the Framework in that panel. All the editing for the Framework needs to be done via the PageLines tab in the wp admin area.

Our developer wrote a thread on speed issues for the Framework previously, please see - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/25369-the-quest-for-speed/

Posted · Report post

Thank you for updating the thread and posting the solution. This will help other users in the future.