Photo
- - - - -

Site very slow in admin & frontend

Best Answer lyonshall , 28 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

Hi James,

thanks for the thread. I had most of it in place & there was some useful advice i took up.
I am on a shared server - so that has accounted for some loss of speed.

For anyone having similar issues and not resolving from the above advice. I have got my site at a reasonable speed by contacting my ISP and they reset my profile. My server company said it pointed to ISP issue and they were right!

they gave me a link to check my speed worldwide on different browsers - it helped me. http://webpagetest.org/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lyonshall

lyonshall

• Members

• 8 posts
  • Framework Version:2

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hi there

I have been experiencing very slow back end & front end speeds since updating to wp 3.8. I have read through all the posts & threads - nothing seems to fit my situation.

I have checked with my hosting site they say my slow speeds with issue on plugin.php on line 429. I have disabled all plugins one by one and no difference.

I have pagelines 2.4.4 . The one thing that points me to the pageline theme to causing the problem is when i go to the themes customise tab i get this 'Sorry preview is disabled, enable PageLines Framework.'. 

I have installed a fresh wp on a different folder and the default theme loads as it should.

Anybody had experience with this situation i would be grateful for the knowledge

thanks

www.lyonshallnurseries.co.uk

Attached Files

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hi there,

The preview is disabled in the PageLines Framework by default, unfortunately the standard Wp admin is able to handle/render the Framework in that panel. All the editing for the Framework needs to be done via the PageLines tab in the wp admin area.

Our developer wrote a thread on speed issues for the Framework previously, please see -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 lyonshall

lyonshall

• Members

• 8 posts
  • Framework Version:2

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:42 PM   Best Answer

Hi James,

thanks for the thread. I had most of it in place & there was some useful advice i took up.
I am on a shared server - so that has accounted for some loss of speed.

For anyone having similar issues and not resolving from the above advice. I have got my site at a reasonable speed by contacting my ISP and they reset my profile. My server company said it pointed to ISP issue and they were right!

they gave me a link to check my speed worldwide on different browsers - it helped me. 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

/

• James B likes this

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

Thank you for updating the thread and posting the solution. This will help other users in the future.