honeytrek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Framework Version:Base - Version 1.4.1 & Platform Pro 1.5.3

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Trying to do two things in my layout.

#1. Resize my right sidebar to be 460px width (currently it is 320px).

#2. I have made a smaller logo, which i want to be on the same line as a leaderboad ad unit that is 728*90 px. Logo on the left and this ad unit on the right, all of this just above the nav bar, as little white space as possible above and below.

Thanks guys.

Mike

Website URL: www.HoneyTrek.com
Framework Version:  Pagelines Platform Pro 1.5.3 (my system will not allow me to upgrade to 1.6.0 for some reason.
WordPress Version: 3.8
Plugins in Use: numerous
Server/Host: BlueHost.com
Screenshots:
Details: see above

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

Hi there, in Platform go to the PageLines Settings panel > Layout editor. Scroll down and you'll see a layout window where you can drag the width of the sidebar to the desired size by clicking on the blue line and dragging it to the left or right. http://screencast.com/t/cURGqEyFg

The remove the margins/padding and reduce the white space between the sections you'll need to use some css. Using a web inspector like Chrome Dev tools or Firebug you'll need to inspect the page to find out where the padding is being applied, you can then overrule this with css to remove it. See the following link and scroll down to near the bottom, the sections 'how to use css inspection tools' and examples underneath to see an overview of this in more depth - http://support.pagel...ion/custom-css/

#3 honeytrek

honeytrek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Framework Version:Base - Version 1.4.1 & Platform Pro 1.5.3

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

James, thanks so much for the speedy reply (on MLK no less). When I go to the PlatformPro Settings -> Layout Editor i don't see any area where i can drag the columns to a different size or change the width...i see this (Attached).

Attached Files

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

Hi there,

Hmm thats strange, the layout editor is jquery based so it will be one of the first things to break if there is conflicting code from another plugin or script. If you have any third party plugins installed, try disabling them, if you have any custom scripts inserted remove them and then clear the cache and review the page to see if the editor comes back to life. Check to see if you're able to drag the sidebar in and out to adjust size, also test to see if you're able to click in the side bar pixel figure field below and adjust the figure by typing in the pixel value.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sidebar, advertisement, leaderboard