• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fmwebdesign

fmwebdesign

Advanced Member

• Members

• 79 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

I hope it´s the right place for this thread.

I miss some drag&drop plugins in DMS, maybe a coder can help and make free plugins or sell the plugin in the store?

Some things i miss:

• Google Maps (Arrival)
  • Video (Youtube, Vimeo)
  • Button (for extern or intern links)
  • Devider (to seperate text ore something)
  • Texteditor (like "enhanced options editor - with more feautures like font color and font size 9,10,11,12,13,.... )
  • Contact Form

I know the most things we can do with external Wordpress plugins and than embed this plugins into the site..... but a enduser need absolutly beginner feautures!

I hope somemone follow this thread.

THANKS and best regards

Andreas

• Erwan likes this

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Hi,

Google Maps - There is already a plugin for that - http://wordpress.org...wp-google-maps/
Video - We provide shortcodes for YouTube and Vimeo

Buttons - We provide a shortcode for Butons

Divider - You can add a divider using the <hr> tag

Texteditor - There is already a store product for that offers an enhanced editor for the sections.

Contact Form - We provide a Karma product called Poppy which is a contact form. There isn't really any need to include a contact form in the core code as there are two plugins that are so good there isn't really a point. Those plugins are NinjaForms and Gravity Forms. 

#3 fmwebdesign

fmwebdesign

Advanced Member

• Members

• 79 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

Hi,

Google Maps - There is already a plugin for that - http://wordpress.org...wp-google-maps/
Video - We provide shortcodes for YouTube and Vimeo

Buttons - We provide a shortcode for Butons

Divider - You can add a divider using the <hr> tag

Texteditor - There is already a store product for that offers an enhanced editor for the sections.

Contact Form - We provide a Karma product called Poppy which is a contact form. There isn't really any need to include a contact form in the core code as there are two plugins that are so good there isn't really a point. Those plugins are NinjaForms and Gravity Forms. 

Yes i know all the things:

I know the most things we can do with external Wordpress plugins and than embed this plugins into the site..... but a enduser need absolutly beginner feautures!

I think a beginner cms user with any ideas of shortcodes or something, can not deal with these tools...

All modern CMS systems have this plugins integrated and this guaranteed a good workflow and is absolutly user friendly.

Please see the attachement. I think this would improve DMS.?

Edited by fmwebdesign, 20 January 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

DMS isn't a CMS, Wordpress is a CMS, DMS is a design management system for Wordpress. All the things you have mentioned above are either included in DMS or in Wordpress via plugins. That is the whole purpose of plugins, to increase or add functionality that isn't in the core of the CMS in our case Wordpress.

The image you attached looks like its from something that is an online website builder, that isn't a CMS and is the reason it includes all those tools.

There is honestly no reason for DMS to include a contacts form, most of the Wordpress themes that do include them, no one uses as they're very basic. When you see plugins such as Gravity Forms and NinjaForms, there isn't any real point in adding a basic contact form to DMS, when these plugins are so powerful and both support drag and drop, allowing for easy form creation.

#5 fmwebdesign

fmwebdesign

Advanced Member

• Members

• 79 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

DMS isn't a CMS, Wordpress is a CMS, DMS is a design management system for Wordpress. All the things you have mentioned above are either included in DMS or in Wordpress via plugins. That is the whole purpose of plugins, to increase or add functionality that isn't in the core of the CMS in our case Wordpress.

The image you attached looks like its from something that is an online website builder, that isn't a CMS and is the reason it includes all those tools.

There is honestly no reason for DMS to include a contacts form, most of the Wordpress themes that do include them, no one uses as they're very basic. When you see plugins such as Gravity Forms and NinjaForms, there isn't any real point in adding a basic contact form to DMS, when these plugins are so powerful and both support drag and drop, allowing for easy form creation.

Ok but what speaks against it if someone wants to program? I see there are some programers out, and they make wonderfull helpfull tools? Maybe someone read this things and sold it in the store.

Its only a improvement ;-)

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

Hi there I've moved this thread into the 'ideas and feedback' forum for you. Time to time third party developers do look through for product ideas so we'll leave thread open for them.

• fmwebdesign likes this