Photo
- - - - -

Column sections not loading and fancy box error

column section fancybox

Best Answer Danny , 19 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

When you said Tab Content Area I thought you were referring to the name of the section and not the description. If adding the Column section to your template causing an infinite saving loop, this is caused by either a plugin or a custom script you have added.

In regards to the FancyBox plugin, there is no plugins folder in a child theme, if you want to use a plugin in Wordpress it needs to be installed into the Wordpress plugins directory. This is likely the cause of the error on the loading screen. As last time I used the FancyBox plugin it caused no such error, but I didn't use it the way you were.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mohsin

Mohsin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines DMS

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Hi,

I have the latest DMS. When ever i add coulmn within a section the page refreshes and does not go beyond editor loading page and now its stuck there. I added to another page just to confirm and it did the same there. Please let me know how to resolve this and also ho do we revert back to published template of a page if the editor gets stuck like this. 

And also i am unable to load the fancybox plugin in normal manner, i placed it in the plugins folder in child theme and included it in functions.php and added the javascript in the section in same manner as that of iBox. But that too gets stuck on the editor loading page.

Thanks in advance.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:47 AM

Hi there, if the editor gets stuck loading this will usually be down to a third party plugin/script. So it would make me think that you have a widget in the sidebar which is conflicting with the editor, so when it's placed in the layout it breaks but the page without the sidebar in works ok etc.

Please disable all third party plugins to see which is causing the conflict and remove all widgets etc, replacing one by one to find the one causing the problem. 

Javascript can't be added directly into a textbox unfortunately, all scripts need to be placed into the header box code in the css/less panel in the DMS control panel.

#3 Mohsin

Mohsin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

So i checked all the other plugins along with all other sections to verify if problem was only in one. And the problem is only in the tab content section, in the layout category. When ever i add it to page, loading sign shows without disappearing and when i refresh the page then it gets stuck in the editor loading screen. 

Please let me know if i am missing something out.

Thanks

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

HI,

There is no Tab Content section within DMS, can you tell us specifically which section you're adding to your template which is causing the error please.

Also, not sure what you mean when you're referring to the FancyBox plugin, why are you adding JavaScript to a section, all Javascript should go into DMS Toolbar > Custom Code > Custom Scripts.

#5 Mohsin

Mohsin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

Hi,

I am talking about the Column Section, its description says 'Tab Content Area'. It is in the Layouts category. 

As for the fancy box (fancybox for wordpress plugin) i was asking if there is some separate way of loading plugins. I have placed it in the separate folder of plugins in the child theme, and included it in the function.php file. But when i call its function in the custom script area in the dms, it gets stuck on the editor loading screen. Can you please tell me whether there is some other way of including it in the dms.

Thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by Mohsin, 19 January 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:47 AM   Best Answer

When you said Tab Content Area I thought you were referring to the name of the section and not the description. If adding the Column section to your template causing an infinite saving loop, this is caused by either a plugin or a custom script you have added.

In regards to the FancyBox plugin, there is no plugins folder in a child theme, if you want to use a plugin in Wordpress it needs to be installed into the Wordpress plugins directory. This is likely the cause of the error on the loading screen. As last time I used the FancyBox plugin it caused no such error, but I didn't use it the way you were.

• Mohsin likes this

#7 Mohsin

Mohsin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hi Danny,

Thanks alot it solved the issue and i will try to solve the fancy box in that manner as well. :) 

Cheers,

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

No problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: column section, fancybox