Publish does not "save" changes made with the editor to the page template

Question

Posted · Report post

I am in the process of updating WP to 3.8 and DMS to 1.1.5 development site to test before updating my "live" site.

An issue that I have run into, that I have never seen before, is that one of my pages will not save when I click the "publish" button. The page template is the incorrect column sizes, rapidtabs keep displaying, as well as the comment section. I have tried removing rapidtabs, adjusted the column sizes, and removed the comment section multiple times, but it never "saves" when I click the publish button. I have even tried removing everything on this page template and clicking the "publish" button, but everything still shows up after a refresh.

The odd thing about this issue is that it only happens on one page. Other page templates save changes just fine.

The testing page that I having issues with is: http://www.godfilms.net/shopp/cart/

The current live site looks like this: http://www.wpfilm.com/shopp/cart/

Test Site Versions:

WordPress 3.8

Pagelines DMS 1.1.5

Shopp 1.3.1 

33 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

page id 0 thats the giveaway

Posted · Report post

So...... no hope?

Is there a way that I can see the page id in Pagelines DMS 1.1.5?

Posted · Report post

just messing with a patch, allows you to edit pages that are shopp_page. Problem here is all the shop generated pages will get the same edits, like shop front is dynamic, so is cart, in fact all thses pages will have pageID of 0

http://i.imgur.com/sLx9ZZ2.png

Posted · Report post

Since I am using Pagelines DMS (version 1.1.5) and Shopp on my current live site, is there a way to see what the page ids are in the older version of DMS?

Posted · Report post

view source, wordpress always adds the page ID

<body class="page page-id-0 page-parent page-template-default dms pl-pro-version responsive full_width template-none display-full checkout">

Posted · Report post

So the problem boils down to the Shopp plugin not generating a page id for those dynamic pages?

Posted · Report post

So I contacted the Shopp plugin support. They are suggesting:

Create a WordPress page for the cart
Check the id of this page (it is in the url when you are in the page editor or it shows up at the bottom of your screen when you hover over the pagename on the Page overview page). Let's say de id is 181.
In your theme's folder find a file called page.php (might differ in some themes)
Copy this page.php file and name it page-181.php
Go to your WordPress admin -> Appearance -> Editor
Open the page-181.php file, add the code from the cart page

Is something like this possible with Pagelines DMS?

Posted · Report post

As far as I am aware, this isn't something you can do in DMS. However, why are you using the Shopp plugin over WooCommerce ? When I tried Shopp, I found it wasn't anywhere near as easy to use as WooCommerce and DMS is fully compatible with WooCommerce, as we use it ourselves.