dms frozen free

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pglnhere

pglnhere

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

My dms tool bar just stop working. It won't move and I no longer have the option to remove or add anything. What do I do?2j62zx2.png

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16897 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

Hi,

Its most likely caused by a plugin, try disabling them all and see if this fixes the issue.

#3 discotoast

discotoast

• Members

• 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

this is likely due to a javascript / jquery conflict somewhere. If you are running chrome, press F12 and go to the console, usually big errors are marked in red. 

pay attention to anything that says $ is not defined or whatever. thats deffinitely a jquery conflict of sorts.

if you do find that after disabling and then re-enabling one by one, you notice the error happen, follow this procedure, and paste the error and someone might have a better answer for ya. 

Edited by discotoast, 18 January 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#4 pglnhere

pglnhere

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

I have a macbook F12 ain't doing anything for me. 

#5 pglnhere

pglnhere

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

Hi,

Its most likely caused by a plugin, try disabling them all and see if this fixes the issue.

I didn't have any plugin's active. 

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Hi there, if you have PageLines Pro Tools installed check in the admin panel to see if you have checked to enable CDN or any other checkboxes inside there. Uncheck as if these don't apply to your site it will cause the editor loader to loop.

http://screencast.com/t/FpicuroZ

Remove any customer scripts or header scripts in case these are causing a js conflict.

Open chrome dev tools like you would if editing the css, click on the console tab and refresh the page, make a note of any errors listed and paste them in here. http://screencast.com/t/TayIwldvgn

Enable the debug option in settings>advanced via your DMS control panel and let us know once actioned.

#7 gabelloyd

gabelloyd

Advanced Member

• Members

• 42 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

I had a similar problem after deleting a template that was in use by a category archive page in my child theme.  If you are using a child theme, save your work (Themes > Import Configs > Publish and Download all DMS Configs), then active the parent DMS theme.  When I did this, I was able to see the pages that were hanging, change the template assignment, save it and then activate my child theme.  The pages no longer hung for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dms, frozen, free