Photo
- - - - -

Carousel Images Opening In New Page [Only Certain Pages]

Best Answer James B , 18 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

Hi there, on the pages where the images aren't moving it's because you don't have enough images in the carousel. If the carousel doesn't have enough images to scroll (as set in the global options) then it won't work. You'll need to either globally reduce the amount of images which are displayed at any one time to match the pages where there are less images, or if they are static pages change the carousel settings on a per page basis using the pagelines meta options :-)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bluesquirrel

bluesquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

Hi all, 

I was going to describe this problem as intermittent but that doesn't seem accurate as it is consistent!  It's consistent so much that it's the same pages that the issue happen on whilst other pages remain unaffected - yet all the pages share the same Pagelines Template (in this case it's Template 2).

Here's a screenshot of the homepage and a I've put a red line through the pages which have the problem. The carousel on the other pages works perfectly and images open in a lightbox.  I've tried using Firebug to look for differences that might be causing the issue but I can't get past the mental hurdle that the pages are using the same Pagelines Template. I can't figure out what commonality the working pages have together OR the commonality that the non working pages have together.

15dx4q1.png

Site - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I've tried deactivating all the plugins except NextGen 1.9.13 but it still didn't change this odd behaviour.

Many thanks to anyone that can shed some light on this brain twister, it's been driving me out of my mind for a couple of days now. 

I'm really pleased with how this site's turned out thanks to Pagelines, I've surprised myself by what I've been able to achieve (with the help of the framework of course)!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:12 AM   Best Answer

Hi there, on the pages where the images aren't moving it's because you don't have enough images in the carousel. If the carousel doesn't have enough images to scroll (as set in the global options) then it won't work. You'll need to either globally reduce the amount of images which are displayed at any one time to match the pages where there are less images, or if they are static pages change the carousel settings on a per page basis using the pagelines meta options :-)

#3 bluesquirrel

bluesquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hi James, thanks for replying.

My first post could probably have been clearer - the issue I'm having is that the images don't open in a lightbox like they do on all the other pages on the site.

For example this page

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(the first with the red cross above).  The carousel seems to be dropping the class="fancybox" from the image's <a> tag and I don't know why - it appears and works ok on the other pages marked with green ticks.  I've more or less got my head round Firebug now - I can see why staff on this forum encourage people to use it :)

I can't fathom why the carousel isn't including class="fancybox" when some of the other pages which use the same Pagelines Template 2 do :(

Edit: I guess this could be an issue for the Fancybox author but the little knowledge I have makes me think Pagelines if the first port of call as it renders all the pages and could be introducing the problem (maybe due to some setting I've ticked/unticked).

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16376 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hi,

The problem is as James has already said, you have the Carousel not configured correctly for those pages. There is an issue with the section where it has to be configured correctly otherwise it causes a JS error, which in turn causes the the fancybox/lightbox effect to not work.

So for the pages that don't have enough images to start the carousel scrolling, you will either need to add more images or reduce the numbers of images to display, so that when you scroll the other images are displayed.

#5 bluesquirrel

bluesquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Ah thanks Danny, and also James, I didn't quite get that from the original reply.  I thought James was describing another problem.

Once I'd changed the global carousel settings through Pagelines Admin everything was ok!

Thank you very much for your help, I'd never have worked that one out in a million years.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

You're welcome, glad that worked for you and you've resolved. Thank you for updating the thread.