Photo

Featured Image's Style

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:51 AM

The featured image in a post always is on the left side. What style do I need to change to move it to the right?

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

Start by using this. You'll also have to adjust the left margin of the content. ` .post-thumb { float:right; //overrides inline style margin-right:0!important; } `

#3 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

I added that to the 'Custom Code' but it did not work. It made the thumbnail hidden instead of moving it to the right. The thumbnail's place on the left side stays empty.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:59 AM

Let's get a link with the CSS active so we can see and possibly adjust. Thanks, Bryan

#5 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:10 AM

Here are some links: http://kermeketab.com/magazine http://kermeketab.co...zed/hello-world http://kermeketab.co.../moveable-feast Since the site is eventually going to be right-to-left the images should float to right.

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

In template.postloop.php you will have to change the variables in this portion (the margins applied, compare to your current for how they changed) `
">
` Then all you need for css is `.post-thumb {float:right;}`

#7 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

cmunns, 1. For some reason part of the code you placed here is not visible. Would you post it again? 2. Is there any way I don't touch the theme's core files? This in means every update I have to edit them instead of editing the child theme. Is there any way you add this as a part of CSS?

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

Yes it cuts off, but if you copy it, it will all transfer. Also, if you copy template.postloop.php into the base root folder you can make changes to it there without worrying and it will take precedence over the original file. You could do it with CSS if you prefer, but since this deals with inline styles. you would have to use the !important tag.

#9 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

Thanks. I prefer CSS. That way I can have an RTL version of PlatformPro all in one CSS file.

So what should I put in the CSS with the !important sign. In the code I see this line:
 <div class="post-thumb" style="margin-left:-<?php echo $thumb_space;?>px">
It does not define a specific number.

#10 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

Also, do you have any suggestion for fixing the archive pages like this one: http://kermeketab.com/topics/poetry I need the thumbnail to float to the right.

#11 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

For the thumbs... ` .clip .clip-thumb a { float:right; margin-left:10px; } ` Also, the other problem looks solved. Do you really want to change it, I assure you file is safe if in Base (hah that rhymes)

#12 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

No. That is ok. Thanks for codes. What PHP files defines the archive page?

#13 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:48 AM

I could probably answer that if it were one of the other themes. Everything is completely different in PlatformPro. Go ahead and bump for the developers to see you. Thanks, Bryan

#14 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:20 AM

Excuse my poor English, but what does "bump for the developers to see you" mean?

#15 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

I need to do these changes: 1. I need to remove the words "Archive for" from the "Archive for ..." in the template 2. I need to customize the archive page. It shows the title of the regular categories but it does not show the taxonomies I have specified for certain custom post types. Currently it only says Archive for "". There is nothing between the quotation marks. 3. I need to remove the date and other stuff for certain taxonomies' archive pages. Should I change several pages in the theme's core files to do this?

#16 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:26 PM

You should be able to accomplish all of this within the library.templates.php file look for this function function pagelines_do_posts_info(){...

#17 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:35 PM

Where is that file located?

#18 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts