Photo
- - - - -

WPML problem with images

wmpl translation images media

Best Answer Cei , 21 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

Just for the record, I deactivated qTranslate and finally on the third attempt it came the good one.

I'm using Transposh: easy, fast and FREE! And after trying many more translation plug-ins that's the only one working properly for me on PageLines. Even though the developers said they would be leaving wordpress, today's latest version works perfectly.

So if anyone has any problem with it and Pagelines can feel free to ask..  http://wordpress.org...-for-wordpress/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Cei

Cei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

Hello!

I've been looking through this forum and many others (wpml's as well) but I can't find the solution at my problem.

I have my main page in english and I am currently using WPML to translate my site in spanish and catalan. I don't have any problem for the english version but I am unable to upload some particular media in the translated pages. As you'll see in the attached screenshots, I cannot use the picture for my heading background from media library, and I cannot upload it again and use it in the translated pages. You will be able to see it in my page: www.ahotelroomstory.com. But if I try to upload some other pictures I have no issues.

I don't know why is this happening. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.Attached File  ahrs1.png   88.99KB   0 downloadsAttached File  ahrs2.jpg   101.35KB   0 downloads

I am using Version 2.9.1 of WPML Multilingual CMS and Pagelines DMS Free version.

#2 Cei

Cei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

Okay so I changed from WPML because it was giving me some bad issues and changet to Qtranslate. Everything worked fine but I'm unable to write text in pages with language tags and I cannot see the content in the current language, instead I see all the languages. I attach the screenshot so it will be best for you to understand.

Many thanks

Attached File  screenshotqtrans copia.jpg   63.78KB   0 downloads

#3 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2469 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Hello @cei 

If the issue arises when using Qtranslate - first try disabling all other plugins to rule out a conflict. 

Then you would need to contact the plugin developer for support as it is a 3rd party piece of software not developed by PageLines.

You can request their support here  http://wordpress.org...ugin/qtranslate

#4 Cei

Cei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your answer. I already wrote a post see if anyone could help me, as it's impossible for the developer to assist me personally as the forum is collapsed with requests. 

I'm not an expert in coding, much less in php, so maybe there's something I am missing. Do I need to add a php code somewhere in the theme to make the text only show the current page language by getting the 'en' 'es' etc.. tags?

Thanks a lot

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

Hi there, the developer of the plugin will be able to assist you but you'll need to contact them through wp.org to notify them of your issue/request.

#6 Erwan

Erwan

• Members

• 193 posts
  • Framework Version:Framework 2.4.4 - DMS 1.1.6 & 1.2

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

@Martin Davies@James B

Btw, just in case you missed it, WPML is waiting for a PageLines answer here (WP.org PageLines repo) since 6 months: http://wordpress.org...-wpml?replies=3

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

I've notified the team to check it out. Stefan is looking at it now and will get them to talk to the devs directly.

• Erwan likes this

#8 Cei

Cei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

Hi everyone again! I've been trying to work it out but I haven't succeed. The thing is that I'm able to insert the text in the Wp admin wheter it's a post or a page and then I see the correspon ding text according the current language on the web, so I assume qTranslate is working fine. But I can't find the way to do that through the DMS editor, writing directly in text boxes. Any idea which tags or system do I need to use?

Thanks

#9 Cei

Cei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

For example... Should that work:

<code><?php if(qtrans_getLanguage() == "es-ES") : ?>
<h1>This is Spanish</h1>
<?php endif ?>
<?php if(qtrans_getLanguage() == "en-US") : ?>
<h1>This is English</h1>
<?php endif ?> </code>

it's not working for me.. my page language definition is lang="en-US" and lang="es-ES" (inside the html tag). If i write this in my textbox the two h1 appear. Any idea how to make that work?

I have my webpage almost done, that's the only problem I've got, and it's stopping me from finishing it :(

Thanks

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

Hi there, is that the code that qtranslate provided? I'm not sure what they've advise you to do but a textbox inside DMS won't accept php code unfortunately, only text or html. In their documentation do they have any shortcodes or html options listed.

#11 Cei

Cei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Hi James,

I took that php code from a forum, I didn't know php is not working on DMS.

But I've also tried the code qTranslate's developer recommends, and that you can see here:  http://www.qianqin.d...5199a2&start=10

Ans that's what they tell you:

qTranslate uses language tags to identify different languages. They look like this:

CODE: SELECT ALL

<!--:en--><!--:-->

. Usually, when you don’t do anything fancy, qTranslate will take care of them for you. But if you want to have multilingual text in your templates or extra fields, you will need to use them. 
Quicktags are a shorter form of language tags and look like this:

CODE: SELECT ALL

[:en]

So I've tried different options but none is working. It seems the page is recognizing the longest tag (it shows the text but not the tag) but not the short tag (It shows both the tag and the text), and I've tried it this way:

[:en-US]English Title with -us      
[:es-ES]Spanish title with -es
[:en]English Title withOUT -us   
[:es]Spanish title withOUT -es
<!--:en-->text with en<!--:-->           
<!--:es-->texto con es<!--:-->
<!--:en-US-->text with en-US<!--:-->          
<!--:es-ES-->texto con es-ES<!--:-->

but it keeps on showing both english and spanish text. Any idea why is this happening? Many thanks

#12 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

Hi there, I've not used the qtranslate plugin so we'll leave this thread open in case another user can advise. Php does work in DMS, but not inside a post/page content if pasted directly and not inside a text box. You can get plugins like http://wordpress.org...tcode-exec-php/ which will allow php to be rendered in those areas, so check that out. But from what you've written above it sounds like the tags should do the work in that type of section.

If you place the tags inside the standard postloop in the page/post content does it work from there? If it does then I'd imagine that the plugin is set to look for the tags in specific areas only as most standard themes won't have the additional drag and drop areas etc. Let me know and I'll see what our developer advises.

#13 Cei

Cei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Hi James, I've tried translating posts and it works perfectly; I only have to translate the original post on the dashboard admin and if I switch the language on the posts page I can see every version in every different page. So I think that there must be a problem related to the textbox section that won't allow translations... If you can check it out it would be great. Thanks!

#14 Cei

Cei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:54 AM   Best Answer

Just for the record, I deactivated qTranslate and finally on the third attempt it came the good one.

I'm using Transposh: easy, fast and FREE! And after trying many more translation plug-ins that's the only one working properly for me on PageLines. Even though the developers said they would be leaving wordpress, today's latest version works perfectly.

So if anyone has any problem with it and Pagelines can feel free to ask..  http://wordpress.org...-for-wordpress/

Edited by Cei, 21 January 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#15 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

Hi Cei, that's excellent news, glad you got sorted, thank you for updating the thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wmpl, translation, images, media