Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nav bar not linking to pages

Question

Posted · Report post

Ive got a nav bar in my header with many subpages under my main menu pages. The problem is that I can click on all the categories in the 'clients' tab, but not on the 'clients' page. I tried deactivating the plugins and it didnt help the issue? 

www.fireflywebdesign.us 

The nav bar is on there and working for pages without subpages. Am I missing something very basic?

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

This isn't a bug or an issue, it's just how the navigation was designed. The Fixed Navbar and Navbar section are based on the Bootstrap navigation design. The way it works is that when you have a menu item that has a sub menu, you access that sub menu by clicking the parent menu item, which is no longer a link but an anchor, which activates the sub menu.

If you do not like this functionality, I recommend you check out the Ubermenu plugin.

Posted · Report post

Gotcha! Just wanted to make sure. Makes my life easier since I don't have to design the 'Clients' page anymore. Although, If I use a site map, does the anchor page still show up? Should my 'clients' page be linked to an actual page within my menu or can I leave it unlinked?

Posted · Report post

Hi there, you can leave it unlinked if you want to, but if the page is still live and you haven't deleted it then it will still be indexed in search engines.