Issue with browsing images

Question

Posted · Report post

When I try to add media to a section, like boxes or media box, etc, the window isn't displaying properly. I've attached an example. Any idea what I should do here please? Website is http://maingardguitars.com

Thanks

Nate

[attachment=1888:Screenshot 2014-01-07 10.51.28.png]

45 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Nate,

Another user has reported this cosmetic issue. However, when I tested this with numerous installations, I was unable to recreate it. Therefore, can you disable all active plugins, custom code/scripts and see if this resolves your issue.

If it doesn't can you provide a link to the site in question and make sure DMS Debug mode is active.

Posted · Report post

OK, your debug info is displaying the following, which may or may not be the cause. However, as I am unable to recreate the error myself, we have to take everything into consideration, so can you contact your host and ask them to resolve the following problem.

PHP Open basedir restriction Yes!

When they do (if they do), can you check your modal media library popup again and see if the issue is resolved.

Posted · Report post

I just noticed that the issue is occurring on two different sites hosted at two different locations. Both maingardguitars.com and natemaingard.com are having this issue.

Posted · Report post

Can you disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools, on DMS Pro Tools can you disable all options and see if the issue persists.

Posted · Report post

Still happening :(

Posted · Report post

Hmm, can you upload all the images you have used to dropbox and share the links with me and I mean all the images so I can upload them to my test site please. This is the only thing I haven't tested with the other user who experience this cosmetic issue.

In fact just email them to me, even if it takes a couple of emails and I will test them later on this evening or tomorrow and report back here.

danny at pagelines dot com

Posted · Report post

I have the same issue on several sites.  With all plugins deactivated it still happens.

Posted · Report post

OK, well as I've said I am unable to recreate this error.

Can you both tell me how many images you have loaded in your Media Library and also jmad, can you provide a link to your sites and make sure DMS Debug mode is enabled.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny

I have hundreds of images, I generally use nextgen gallery, although that with guitarsafrica.co.za. With natemaingard.com I use wordpress's media.

Both sites have the same problem. 

I tried disabling all of chrome's extensions too but no luck. 

Any idea at all?

Posted · Report post

Hmm, I wonder if it could be related to the number of images you have ?

Can you do me a favour and remove all your images is possible and then start adding them again like 5 at a time and see if the cosmetic issue reappears. I will do the opposite and start adding hundreds of images to my test setups and see if I can recreate the problem.

Posted · Report post

Sorry Danny, but I can't remove hundreds of photos. I have no idea who I would get them back into the posts they belong in again. This is years worth of blogging, I can't just delete them all. There must be another way. I'll wait and see if you adding lots of photos causes the problem to arise.

Thanks

Nate

Posted · Report post

I'm getting this happening on my test site. From what I can see looking in the inspector it seems the modal that pops up when you click on the option to get an image from the media library, has a max-height of 400px. The search field and search button are nestled inside a form, but have absolute positioning inside one of the divs inside the modal to be at the bottom. But as the modal height isn't large enough enough its going under the entries. Will check in with Danny and if that's the case we'll report on the tracker as a bug.

Posted · Report post

Thanks so much for staying on this James B"] and @[member="Danny! Hope y'all can hook up a solution, would be a big help for me.

Thanks!

N

Posted · Report post

Any news on this guys? It's kinda preventing me from adding media to sections, etc

Posted · Report post

James B"] @[member="Danny Hi again, any news here? I'm still struggling to move forward with this. Thanks guys!

Posted · Report post

None at the moment, James isn't online usually during the weekend and we work different shifts, so I will leave him a message asking how he recreated it. As soon as we have more info, he or I will reply here.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm one of the 'others'. Why is the widow so small?. Why not use the WP media upload? It must be an issue with DMS. I'm now a few days from launching a site and the client will be asking about this, would appreciate a push on this.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've just heard back from the dev team. A fix for this will be issued in the next update within the next few days. They have found the cause of the problem, Wordpress has added mobile support to the wp admin area, that screen for the media library is called in via an iframe inside the modal. As the modal is below a certain px width, Wordpress is loading the mobile css inside the iframe which is why it's all out of sync. The css changes have been pushed to fix and the update will fix the issue fully.

Posted · Report post

That's great to hear, thanks for the help and I look forward to the issue being resolved soon!

Thanks again.

Nate

Posted · Report post

Great news :)

Posted · Report post

Hello again. So, they released an update for DMS, which seems to have worked up to a point. I can now search and browse images in the media gallery. However, when I click 'Select this image for option' nothing happens. This is ongoing. Any idea what that might be?

Screenshot here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz4tw2v5oxc8aqp/Screenshot%202014-01-21%2017.26.37.png.

Warm regards

Nate

Posted · Report post

Sounds like a javascript error, anything outputted into chrome console when you click the button?

Posted · Report post

What does that mean? I'm not a developer, I chose pagelines because I could use it as someone who just wants to drag and drop sections and create customised beautiful websites. Maybe I'm in over my head here, but I found the original framework to be much more reliable than DMS. Anyway, please explain what 'outputted into chrome console' means.