Question

Posted · Report post

Using different header images throughout site and when it comes to the news/blog area I'm trying to get my category header image to show up when viewing full posts.

Intend to use same header image in all blog categories here.

http://bit.ly/1lLF3Rj

Suggestions?

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Are you saying that you wish to have different header images per category page ?

If so, this has already been reported as at this moment in time it is not currently possible.

Posted · Report post

No... I want to have all the full posts with the same header as what you see in the above link... one image for all categories and full posts...

Posted · Report post

Hi there, the background image for the header is global across the whole site, or you can set locally on a per page basis. Unfortunately it doesn't allow for the option to set depending on the type of pages, whether they are category pages, posts, archives etc.

The only way you'd be able to do this would be manually using css to override the header image for the header on category pages using the .category class or .single-post class

Posted · Report post

So for now... as I'm not sure how I would isolate that particular header css for category...

I set the global header image I want throughout the posts and category pages (since they are all the same)...

and just on the individual pages (where the headers are different)... I put in a new header image inside the local area...

now to test to see if that will actually work...

Posted · Report post

That's correct. To do it will css across all category pages you'd need to put the class in front of the css for the header image. Something like below

.category .header .pl-bg-cover {

background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
}

Posted · Report post

Will try this out and get back to you on results tomorrow.

thanks

Posted · Report post

Great stuff - let us know how you get on :)