Custom CSS not working unexpectedly

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello,

The Custom CSS for our site, 59secondpitch.com was working no problem and then it isn't picking it up anymore for some reason.  I tried deactivating all plugins, clearing the custom CSS in the editor and the fallback (saving,publishing,refreshing inbetween) and reloading, and still no luck.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hello Matt 

If you copy your CSS and paste into the validator here http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ using the direct input tab you will see a number of errors. once you correct these your CSS  should work again. 

the validator returned 15 errors - i have pasted them for you here http://forum.pagelines.com/pst/p/5-wnqxkk/

Posted · Report post

Hi Matt

Looking in the source code for your site it's showing that there isn't any css in the css/LESS box. Is that where you add your css? Have you checked to see if you can add it in the fallback area in the wp admin > PageLines > css/LESS fallback? Check your code to make sure there isn't any errors, one error can sometimes stop the code from being read.

Posted · Report post

I'm having the same issue as well and I have checked to see if the code is under Pagelinges - DMS Fallback and it is there. Not sure what has happened but my site does not look the way it should without the CSS. My site is located at http://thebrasseffect.com

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Posted · Report post

Hey James,

Yes it is in the fallback area as well.  It worked fine before and didn't make any changes to the code, so I'm not seeing any bugs that would affect it.  Can you take a look and advise?

Thanks,

Matt

59secondpitch.com

Posted · Report post

Hi Matt

Just checked again in the source code and nothings showing... whats the code in the css box?

If you want me to take a look inside the site please email hello @ pagelines.com with a link to this forum thread so we can tie the two together and an admin level login :-)

Posted · Report post

Hi Matt - i have replied to your most recent email 

Posted · Report post

Not sure exactly what happened to my site but I removed one bit of css (wasn't really using it) and removed a space here and there and sites backup to looking a winner again :D

:phew:

Posted · Report post

If thats the case, it could well be that the code you used had an error, which was preventing the CSS below it from loading. Removing it resolved your issue.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the great help as always guys!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi @matt 

Did the errors turn out to be the problem? 

Posted · Report post

Yes

Posted · Report post

Hi Matt - goo to hear - thank you for letitng us know :)