Photo
- - - - -

Layout Question - Full Width Content Below Sidebar

Best Answer Danny , 13 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

Extract the zip and inside there will be a number of zips, one of which is the section-contentbox. Upload the section-contentbox folder to your child themes sections folder.

wp-content/themes/child-theme-folder/sections/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bluesquirrel

bluesquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

Hello, 

Forgive me if this has been asked before - I truly can't think of a better way to word it and I have searched the forum for "Full Width Content Below Sidebar" but without any joy.

Here's a doodle of what I'm trying to do (some people ask if I write with me feet, I hope you'll be kinder!). 

IMG_20140106_061317.jpg

I'm not looking to continue the "Main Content area" but I would like to include some additional content that fits into this space but which is unique to each of the 8 pages that match this Pagelines Template page on my site.  Is there a pagelines element (which might allow me to put in some freeform HTML) or something in the store which would be best suited to this?

Many thanks in advance for any advice or pointers :)

#2 bluesquirrel

bluesquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

Ah there's something mentioned here 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

called Content Box "Show anything in this like raw html and pepper corns." which might do the trick but I can't find it in my Pagelines install :(

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15194 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

Hi,

You can't have two instances of the Content Section on your site, as Wordpress only contains one content editor per page/post. So to create the layout you require you will most likely need to use the ContentBox and add that section beneath your Content section on the Page Template setup.

The ContentBox is a free section that was in the PageLines store when the store was for PageLines Framework, this is no longer the case. So in order to get the ContentBox section, you will need to contact our helpdesk, who will either add it to your account or attach it their reply.

hello at pagelines dot com

#4 bluesquirrel

bluesquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Thanks Danny - the team at Pagelines emailed me a copy of the zip file but unfortunately it didn't come with any instructions. 

I tried the forum but... No results found for 'contextbox install'.   

Is there a guide hidden away on a old part of the site or was it never an issue when the Pagelines Framework store was running and handled the install? 

#5 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hello @bluesquirrel 

Do you have the Framework included content files? If not you can get them from 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Within this zip file is another zip file called 'plugin-Pagelines-section.zip' - install this using the Wordpress install plugins method. 

Once installed - go to PageLines Store > section > add new sections and then add the zip file for 'contentbox' 

#6 bluesquirrel

bluesquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Hi Martin, there's one called "plugin-pagelines-legacy-sections (3).zip"  but I can't see the file that you've mentioned I'm afraid.  Thank you for your help by the way 

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15194 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:17 AM   Best Answer

Extract the zip and inside there will be a number of zips, one of which is the section-contentbox. Upload the section-contentbox folder to your child themes sections folder.

wp-content/themes/child-theme-folder/sections/

#8 bluesquirrel

bluesquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

Thank you Danny that worked and also thank you Martin for your earlier help - a team effort.

Just to help anyone else that stumbles across this.... in side the zip file I downloaded were many sections.

I pulled out section-contentbox (3).zip and uploaded it to mywebsite.com/wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections where I extracted it so that it was in its own folder contextbox

I then went back to the Pagelines Dashboard in Wordpress and added the Content Box to the page templates that I wanted it to appear in and that was that - all done :)

Thanks again guys and I hope this thread helps someone in the future. 

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

Glad you got it resolve, thank you for updating the thread.

• bluesquirrel likes this