#1 AndersOlsen

AndersOlsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

Hi

I'm making a "This Day in History" site, where I would like to "present" or load a new page everyday with relevant information regarding this particular day, but I'm a little unsure if I should make a page for each day of the year or if it could be made smarter....and if I should make a unique page representing each day, how do I make it, so it load that new page/day every day f.ex. loading a new WP page according to server time...

I also need a calendar "widget" on my site, but I need to "program" the calendar so that you could go to a specific date in the year, but a day that I specify, can I do that? F. ex. January 1st. is alway January 1st. no matter what year... makes any sense...?

I hope you can help me ut here with a few ideas....

Kind regards

Anders

• assomibatrifs likes this

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Hi Anders,

For something like that you would probably want to post this question on the Wordpress forums, as its related to Wordpress functionality.

However, what you could do is (this will require coding knowledge) create a custom section using a custom Wordpress loop. Then create these posts and set them to publish on that particular date.

A simpler solution would be to set your blog to display only one post and then create all your posts and have them set to publish on that particular date, so when that day comes the previous post will be replaced with the todays post.

• assomibatrifs likes this

#3 AndersOlsen

AndersOlsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

Hi Danny

You're right... this should probably have been posted on another forum... I'll try that later... never the less, I'm not sure I understand all you are saying here... but I'll look into it... :thumbsu:

My generel idea was to make a page for every day, to make them more Google friendly... I looked into how Wikipedia organized it's data, and they kind of have a page for every new kind of information...

Thanks again

Edited by AndersOlsen, 02 January 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

No problem.