Photo
- - - - -

Extra Plugins and Sections?

plugins sections installation troubleshooting dummies sos mildly retarded buddypress store extensions

Best Answer Danny , 02 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Hi,

There is no such extension for DMS in regards to BuddyPress/bbPress, as they're not needed, those extensions are only for PageLines Framework. The icons you see in the video are most likely ones that were in the previous PageLines Framework store that were included when DMS was in development for testing purposes only.

A lot of extensions are now bundled together in the DMS Pro Tools plugin which you can download from your account page. Included in the plugin is Browser Specific CSS, PageLines CDN, ActionMap, Lazy Load and Enhanced Search.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BeyS

BeyS

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS Version 1.1.4

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

I have two kinda dumb questions here.  Im a newbie trying to float this project by myself so... yea.

My url is BeyondSalad.com

I am using DMS 1.1.4 and WAS using Wordpress 3.5.1, but am upgrading to 3.8 as we speak.

Activated plugins include: WP Ultimate Recipe Premium, WCK Custom Fields and Post Type Creator, Updraft Plus backup/restore, Soliloquy, Social Media Widget, Piwigo Press and Piwigo Media, Options Framework, Multicons, Membership, Jetpack, DMS Protools 1.4.2., Custom Sidebars, Custom Login 2.0, Cool Carousel PL Section, Article Type, Are You Human, and Amazon Send to Kindle.

Host is iPage.

Question 1:

I was watching a DMS video, and in the background I noticed that there were tons more sections available in the video than what I can see when I enter the store, including sections for buddypress and bbpress.  Does anyone know how to access all of these other sections in the store?  Does anyone know about a DMS-specific buddypress plugin?

Question 2:

When I saw all of these extra plugins, I went searching and found a link to a Framework-Included-Content (https://www.dropbox....ded-content.zip).  However, I for whatever reason cannot figure out how to install it.  Would anyone care to lend me a 'How to install framework plugins for dummies' tutorial??  I tried to upload the entire zip with the wordpress plugin installation page, tried to install the individual zip files... I feel like I have 6 thumbs here.....  Ugh.  

If anyone could shed some light on this project, I would be incredibly grateful. 

Thank you,

DanDann

Attached Files

• Gnaueb likes this

#2 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hello @BeyS

The Framework included content is for the PageLines Framework - another product entirely separate from the DMS system and you cannot use the Framework Included content with the DMS system. 

Which plugins and extensions do you see in the video that you cannot locate on the store? 

• Gnaueb likes this

#3 BeyS

BeyS

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Oh.  Okay.  

The plugins that I am particularly interested in right now are the ones for buddypress, bbpress and any social media extensions that may exist.

• Gnaueb likes this

#4 BeyS

BeyS

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

Do they actually exists?  The buddypress and bbpress extensions/plugins/sections or whatever?  Are they only available after I become a paying member?  Why cant I see more options in the store?

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:19 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

There is no such extension for DMS in regards to BuddyPress/bbPress, as they're not needed, those extensions are only for PageLines Framework. The icons you see in the video are most likely ones that were in the previous PageLines Framework store that were included when DMS was in development for testing purposes only.

A lot of extensions are now bundled together in the DMS Pro Tools plugin which you can download from your account page. Included in the plugin is Browser Specific CSS, PageLines CDN, ActionMap, Lazy Load and Enhanced Search.

#6 BeyS

BeyS

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

Hm... okay.  Thanks.

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

No problem.

#8 DanatTLFN

DanatTLFN

• Members

• 21 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

In regards to the second question this man posted. I was wondering whether you could assist me in how to install that Framework Zip file. I have gone to my WordPress dashboard selected Plugins > Upload > Chosen the Zip File downloaded from Drop box > Install.

Unfortunately, the screen stays as it is for ages and doesn't seem to ever install the plugin.

I would appreicate any help concerning this matter.

Also as a side note, If I were to start using the drag and drop interface (DMS) would I be able to transfer my current site, over onto the DMS from the page lines thing I am on now? 

Thank you for your time and Hope to hear from you soon!

#9 DanatTLFN

DanatTLFN

• Members

• 21 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

Actually in Regards to the second question, I think I have found the answer. The DMS acts as like another pagelines theme. 

#10 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2002 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hi @DanatTLFN

Yes the DMS must be install like a "Theme" 

Please, the next time open your own topic. 

;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plugins, sections, installation, troubleshooting, dummies, sos, mildly retarded, buddypress, store, extensions