Sections Not Updating & Templates Not Updating

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi

I am having continued issues updating sections and in particular applying custom classes which rarely or never apply/stick. On making changes to sections and updating and also flushing the dms cache more often than not the changes simply don't reflect.

ALSO like many others here I am also making changes to templates / updating templates and again changes are not applying. When going back to saved templates (which are of full versions and even backups of full versions to be sure) the template is not current. Indeed as I see with other members here the templates often randomly move or delete content. 

Right now DMS is really buggy and losing me valuable development time. Please resolve these issues asap.

Regards

Glennyboy

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hello 

Could you provide a link to your site and also enable debug by going to > Visual Editor > settings > Advanced and let us know when you have done this and we shall investigate further for you. 

Posted · Report post

Hi, I am having the same struggles with templates. I make a change and apply it to a template that other pages use, and the changes aren't showing up on the other pages. Completely removes the point of having templates.

Posted · Report post

This is a known bug and one our developers are aware of. In the meantime, as a band aid until a fix is ready what you can do is go to the page where its template hasn't updated with the changes you have made and then go to DMS Toolbar > Templates > Located your template and then click the Load Template button.

We understand that that isn't ideal, but its the only work around until the patch with the fix has been released.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Just an update from my end that I have turned on debug and am actively testing. 

Posted · Report post

This is deeply concerning. You can't do a page by page update on a site with hundreds of pages. Is there any sort of ETA on a patch? Having signed up and paid for a developer license to use this for a real project I'm now seriously worried.

Posted · Report post

Have to agree with paul_t and jeleanor on this one. I also am about to undertake a sizeable project and a failure to save and update templates is clearly a major issue. I trust that the folks at Pagelines are working tirelessly to fix these issues?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

No feedback on this since the beginning of the month. Please update on this issue. I've already experience problems with templates on a simple site, so no doubt the issue is there. The big project I'm working on is going to be a nightmare if this doesn't get resolved very soon.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

+1 Update on resolving this please (same position as paul_t)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

As I have already stated above this is a known issue and one that is considered a priority. If you're brave you can download the 1.2 branch from GitHub which has this fixed (to my knowledge). However, as I mentioned you will need to be brave, as there will likely be other areas that contain bugs as this branch is still in development.