Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Remove Header and Footer in Custom Templates

Question

Posted · Report post

I am having trouble when removing my header and footer from a template I would like to make without them.. I have tried every which way of creating new templates saving, editing locally, adding classes... and every time I remove the header from the specific page I do not want it on it removes the header from my whole site... this is driving me nuts, please help!!!

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

Unfortunately, the Header and Footer areas are global template areas, this means that if you wish to have a template without them, you will need to remove them from all templates. 

You can't have individual templates with no header or footer, this has been reported to our tracker and our developers are aware of the issue.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

How do I remove the header from all of the pages? I delete the header, publish and then when I come back to the page it reappears.

Thanks for your help!

Kelly

Posted · Report post

Found it!

Place this code in the CCS section. The page number can be found by going to the page you would like to edit, then clicking on page setup, then page handling - it will give you the page id. You may have to refresh several times for the code to stick and the adjustment to be made. 

.page-id-175 #header {display:none !important; }

Posted · Report post

In DMS 2.x, If you go to DMS Toolbar > Site Settings > Advanced, there should be options to disable either the Fixed, Header and Footer regions.