Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CSS Changes Aren't Sticking

Question

Posted · Report post

A couple of days ago the CSS changes I was making to a site that's under development seemed to simply stop showing up after saving .

I can get the changes to show up after clicking CTRL and Enter, but after saving, saving, and saving again - then refreshing - they are gone (the CSS remains).

I've scoured the CSS and can't find any unclosed brackets or anything else out of the ordinary.

I've tried deactivating all plugins, flushed the cache (under Settings > Resets) but no matter what, the changes do not stick.

Using the latest DMS with the latest Wordpress. This one is hosted by Craphost (I mean Bluehost).

Any advice?

1 person likes this

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

Is your custom CSS still in your custom CSS ? What I mean is that some users have issue with there custom CSS they add, not being saved. So they have to add it again, is this the same here ?

If your CSS is still present upon save/reload and just isn't working, then the most likely likely cause is either your CSS isn't valid i.e. has an error or errors. The only other cause would be that your the classes you're using are not the right classes for the element you're trying to customize.

I think you will need to review your CSS again for errors and also try other class name and see if this resolves the issue.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny

Thanks for your reply.

Even though I was convinced that I had checked over all of the CSS, thanks to your recommendations, I decided to check again.

And, of course, I found the source of the problem (and extra colon).

Cheers

Dawson

Posted · Report post

No problem.