Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Problem with BLOG page template, editor won't load

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I have a serious problem. The template that is set for the Blog page has some kind if of problem loading a resource. Something messed up the name of the jpeg to "SLIDER01.jpg”>%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20<div%20class=" instead of just SLIDER01.jpeg.

The problem is that the editor won't load because of that problem and I can't assign a new template to the blog page. Worse, I accidentally deleted the template that was set for the blog page, so I can't update it even if I go to another page. ( Yes I know, that was really stupid..)

So, what do I do? Is there some way to reset the blog page template or assign a new template directly on the server?

Please help.

The page with the problem..

http://unlockdesignventures.com/pt-br/blog/

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I have already deleted the template but it still remains assigned to the page.

But I managed to solve it anyway. I found that the java error was in the post type settings. I downloaded it, removed the part with the slider01.jpeg and uploaded it again.

Now the editor is loading again on that page.

Thanks!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Not sure how you managed this to be honest. However, you can reset the global options and template settings, you may be forced to do that.

Posted · Report post

Actually, it happened after an update. Somehow my templates got mixed up and the blog page was assigned to another old template.

Maybe something to look out for in the future...

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

How do I reset the template settings. I found the Global reset but it was not enough...

Posted · Report post

The templates are saved separately, you can delete the unwanted template from the 'actions' tab in the template area.

http://screencast.com/t/GnH4W8oirah

Posted · Report post

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.

Posted · Report post

No problem, but I think there should be a simple way to reset or reload all the templates to default and assign this to the corresponding page types. It would save a lot of work when something goes wrong or when you want to start from scratch.

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the feedback Peter, if you could create a topic regarding your feedback in our ideas and feedback forum, our developers will take into advisement.