Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

UPDATE Problems 1.0.4 to 1.1.4

Question

Posted · Report post

Hy,

if i update DMS via dashboard from 1.0.4 to 1.1.4 i get old files (images, text etc...)

Also if i deactivate all plugins i get the same problem.

In the attachement a example of a site. Before (left) and after (right) the update.

I have a backup from the actual DMS website.

Please HELP - it´s really urgent ;-)

Thanks Andreas

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi @fmwebdesign 

could you enable debug in site settings > Advanced and also provide a link to your site please 

Posted · Report post

Hi @fmwebdesign 

could you enable debug in site settings > Advanced and also provide a link to your site please 

Hy and THANKS for your help!

http://wordpress.autohaus-schiffner.at/

Now debug is active.

Posted · Report post

Could you create an admin account for your wordpress site and send the credentials along with the link to this forum topic to hello at pagelines dot com and i will jump on your site to take a look for you; 

Posted · Report post

Hi there, so you update DMS and then previous content for items like boxes populate the page? I would save first save your settings so you have the latest copy as a json file. Then update to 1.1.4. Try clearing all caches after updating then recheck the content, all the content for sections gets saved in the db so updating the theme shouldn't cause older content to appear as long as everything was published fully before the update.

If it happens again on updating, install the json file with the latest settings you saved to override and see if this resolves the problem.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, so you update DMS and then previous content for items like boxes populate the page? I would save first save your settings so you have the latest copy as a json file. Then update to 1.1.4. Try clearing all caches after updating then recheck the content, all the content for sections gets saved in the db so updating the theme shouldn't cause older content to appear as long as everything was published fully before the update.

If it happens again on updating, install the json file with the latest settings you saved to override and see if this resolves the problem.

Thanks - but NO chance.... 

So all sites i published again, than i export the json file and than i update the DMS version, the same problem again!

Posted · Report post

I also had problems start happening after each DMS update which caused a really hard to isolate issue with Better iBoxes. Turned out after much hair-pulling that the Better iBox plug-in is totally solid. The problem with it functioning oddly after DMS updates had to do with a faulty Child Theme that became incompatible. Though it was recommended in the Pagelines Forum, Nick's Child Theme stopped working properly.

The simple fix came once I downloaded and activated a new child theme from the Pagelines Community Dashboard called Academy Child Theme. This solution came totally unexpected for the weird problem with Better iBoxes which showed up in most browsers but not Chrome. So you might try the Academy Child Theme and see if that doesn't stabilize your DMS after the update.  http://pagelinescommunity.com/dashboard/

Posted (edited) · Report post

I also had problems start happening after each DMS update which caused a really hard to isolate issue with Better iBoxes. Turned out after much hair-pulling that the Better iBox plug-in is totally solid. The problem with it functioning oddly after DMS updates had to do with a faulty Child Theme that became incompatible. Though it was recommended in the Pagelines Forum, Nick's Child Theme stopped working properly.

The simple fix came once I downloaded and activated a new child theme from the Pagelines Community Dashboard called Academy Child Theme. This solution came totally unexpected for the weird problem with Better iBoxes which showed up in most browsers but not Chrome. So you might try the Academy Child Theme and see if that doesn't stabilize your DMS after the update.  http://pagelinescommunity.com/dashboard/

Thanks, but it also doesn´t HELP....
I think the fastest way is to make all the changes NEW and hope on the next update there are no troubles!

Edited by fmwebdesign