4 replies to this topic

#1 andrew@privaclick.ca

andrew@privaclick.ca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

I have Pagelines DMS developer version.

I don't want to use the "Fixed Nav Bar" because I need to customize more.

I am using the 2 columns section in the header section. Eveything is great, but I can't figure out how to "lock" it ?

Is there some CSS or similar ? The furthest I got was adding #header {position: fixed} but this made it so that parts would scroll over the header .

P.S. I am newbie ..

Thanks

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

Hi there, I'm not sure what you mean by lock it. Can you clarify for us how you want that area to react.

Position fixed will make the header act like a fixed nav, so as your scroll down the page that area will float on top of the content at the top of the page.

#3 dorianspagelines

dorianspagelines

• Members

• 2 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Framework Version:PRO

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

I have a similar problem.  I think he is referring to "FIXED" as in CSS.

My issue is that no matter what I place in either the header section or below it, I get a space of about 50px between the browser's edge and my graph. 

I need my top graph to be against the browser's top and I want it completely different that the default NavBar.

I've tried different "sections" from the "add to page" and nothing seems to be made to receive a custom background graph that is horizontal.

I've also tried to simply code CSS, with what would produce that graph, but no matter what I do, that won't work either.

Thanks

#4 dorianspagelines

dorianspagelines

• Members

• 2 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Framework Version:PRO

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Also, is there anyway to have "sections" on top of other "sections" from the "add to page"?

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

Hi there, if you're apply position:fixed and want the item to be right against the top of the page you can add top:0 to the css. If there is a gap still this could be coming from a margin/padding inside of the element you're adjusting.

Unfortunately you can't position elements on top of each other in the drag and drop. You can adjust the position of elements using css to give that effect, but depending on what the item is and where it's positioned on the page it could be a bit of a messy fix.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: header