Photo
Cool Carousel

Cool Carousel Upload Issues - Deprecated Issue?

Best Answer CliffordP , 21 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

@mogulskier9, @BeyS, @deskdesign

Sorry I hadn't seen this topic until just now. My apologies.

Yes, Cool Carousel works for both Framework and for DMS.

I have added instructions for which file to install for each theme at the bottom of the sales page: http://www.pagelines.../cool-carousel/

Please open a new ticket if you experience any other issues.

Thank you for your purchase and consideration of my other products.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mogulskier9

mogulskier9

• Members

• 16 posts
  • Framework Version:dms personal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

Hello,

Bought the "cool carousel" from the DMS store and am having trouble with the install.  Tried the standard WP plugin upload to no avail. Tried manually adding the "section" folder to the proper file location to no avail. Tried disabling all other plugins to no avail. It messes up the formatting of the editor on the bottom and I get the following error message at the top:

Notice: register_tab is deprecated since version 1.1 of Pagelines DMS! Use an alteranative PageLinesMetaPanel has been removed from core DMS ...etc. etc..   then references /new59/wp/wp-content/themes/includes/deprecated.php line 272

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

M-

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

Hi there, you're using the latest version of DMS 1.1.4 and of Cool Carousel 1.8?

Will move this thread into the product authors forum for you so they can advise further for you.

#3 BeyS

BeyS

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS Version 1.1.4

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

I am having the same issue.  Please advise.
I am using DMS 1.0.3.2 and Carousel 1.8.  

I am updating DMS now.

#4 BeyS

BeyS

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS Version 1.1.4

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:37 AM

I updated to 1.1.4

Only the Cool-Carousel uploaded properly. Sections-Cool-Carousel did not, saying that the folder already existed.  The sliders are, however, now appearing in my editor... so... Im not sure if it's working how it should or not, but here we are.

#5 deskdesign

deskdesign

• Members

• 24 posts
  • LocationHeemstede
  • Framework Version:DMS 1.1.4

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

It's a mess...

No documentation whatsoever, a PL plugin and a DMS section without a clue which one to install and a CC custom section with no option to upload an image. Broken plugin? Compatibility issues? 

This kind of quality for a (well) paid plugin is killing the 'user experience', killing the trust of your customers in an otherwise already haunted product. 

Edited by deskdesign, 20 December 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#6 mogulskier9

mogulskier9

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

@BeyS - Mine is working now as well.  Not sure how, but it is! =)

@deskdesign...make sure you install only the first file (file 1 aka cool-carousel) not the section-cool-carousel file.  If you already tried installing both, make sure to delete both from your hosting locations file manager before reinstalling just the file 1.  

#7 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 451 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:49 PM   Best Answer

@mogulskier9, @BeyS, @deskdesign

Sorry I hadn't seen this topic until just now. My apologies.

Yes, Cool Carousel works for both Framework and for DMS.

I have added instructions for which file to install for each theme at the bottom of the sales page: http://www.pagelines.../cool-carousel/

Please open a new ticket if you experience any other issues.

Thank you for your purchase and consideration of my other products.

#8 mogulskier9

mogulskier9

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

@Clifford P

Issues with your plugin again....now with DMS2.  Would honestly prefer a refund at this point, as it loads extremely slow and we've had a few issues with it.  These are the errors I'm getting:

Notice: Undefined property: CoolCarousel::$icon in /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cool-carousel/sections/cool-carousel/section.php on line 339

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cool-carousel/sections/cool-carousel/section.php:339) in /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-login.php on line 415

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cool-carousel/sections/cool-carousel/section.php:339) in /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-login.php on line 427

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cool-carousel/sections/cool-carousel/section.php:339) in /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 678

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cool-carousel/sections/cool-carousel/section.php:339) in /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 679

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cool-carousel/sections/cool-carousel/section.php:339) in /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 680

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cool-carousel/sections/cool-carousel/section.php:339) in /home/i9seeyev/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896

#9 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 451 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

@mogulskier9 I just released version 1.8.2 to address the "Undefined property: CoolCarousel::$icon" issue. I apologize for not finding that DMS 2 change prior to the release of DMS 2; however, it would not have affected output/display/performance on the front-end. I appreciate you reporting that issue so I could fix it for all users.

Regarding your "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent" issue, this is the first mention of this that I have heard of, and I have never experienced it myself. I'd suggest updating to v1.8.2 and see if this fresh download of the plugin clears up your issue. If not, you'll need to start a new topic in my support forum ( http://forum.pagelin...cts-by-cliff-p/ ).

Regarding dissatisfaction / refund requests, that's all handled by PL staff so you'd need to email hello@pagelines.com with your request if you choose to pursue that issue. I believe the guidelines are purchased within the last 30 days and only if it's not working, but it's 100% a PL decision. I'm not informed of how they make their refund decisions.

Best to you,

-Clifford

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cool Carousel