3 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Rose

Matt Rose

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCANADA
  • Framework Version:Current

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

I recently updated dms 1.1.4, and now my site is completely blank.  I had purchased (I am a subscription holder), uploaded and created sections on the page, and now they are all gone.  In my 'add to page' area of dms, it is showing only two available sections (see screenshot).
Also, on the plugins page of my WP dashboard, it is showing as having zero plugins installed (see screenshot).  Both the cpanel and ftp (see screenshot) show that there are indeed all my plugins are in the plugins folder as they were when I was building the page, but they are not showing up in WP.  When I try to add the plugin again via the WP backend, I am getting a 'folder already exists' error.  I can add new plugins and they show up just fine (added 'contact form 7' and it showed as installed on the plugins page), but cannot add or get working the plugins that had already been added.
The site in questions is: http://new.imetropol.com
I have tried reinstalling WP (3.8), to no avail.
My custom LESS and CSS is still viewable in the custom code section of dms, my pages are still in the pages section of WP, but the site is empty, and none of the plugins are being recognized.  I had a maintenance plugin installed and activated, and while that plugin is still in my plugins folder, it is not working and not displaying.  I have several hours of work invested already in this site and it very concerning that it has all gone away.
I am very much hoping you can shed some light on this for me.  I am wondering if I need to reinstall dms? Or is there more solutions I can try?

Please help?

-Matt Rose

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-12-17 at 4.40.44 PM.png   45.16KB   0 downloads
Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-12-17 at 4.35.15 PM.png   182.06KB   0 downloads
Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-12-17 at 4.34.54 PM.png   594.76KB   0 downloads

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:27 AM

Hi Matt

Please check your php memory limit as this can cause white screen issues and disable all plugins to see if any have conflicted since updating. Details on dealing with the whitescreen of death can be found here - http://docs.pageline...screen-of-death

I would also advise installing a fresh copy of dms to ensure there was no corruptions when you previously installed, and making sure dms is in the correct folder, if you see a message anywhere in the admin saying something to the effect of 'dms needs to be in a folder called dms' then the dms zip would have been placed into the wrong place when installed or be named incorrectly.

Keep us posted on what happens

#3 kathleenmattson

kathleenmattson

• Members

• 2 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR, USA

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

I had this problem too. I disabled all my plugins -- that did nothing.

I edited my config file to set the memory at 64MB -- that did nmothing.

Any other suggestions out there?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

Hi there, we advise setting the php memory higher if you're just getting the white screen and are unable to log in or edit due to the memory being exhausted. Looking at the site url you have in your profile, the page is now displaying. Is this a site on another url?

If you can actually get in and see the editor, but some sections are missing like Matt's above then try reinstalling a fresh copy of DMS in case your copy is corrupted. If you're not seeing the plugins appear in the plugin admin but you do have plugins installed make sure your site hasn't been compromised and that the plugins folder has full read/write access and the permissions are set to 755.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dms, plugins, sections, error