Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using Javascript as the header image

Question

Posted · Report post

I did this in the iblog2 theme, where I used a small Javascript to display an image on the header of the blog and another one when the mouse went over it. I just went through the code and put it there, but in the iblogpro 3 version the code is too complicated for me to figure this out... Could you help me out? The code would be something like this: <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> <!-- Begin loadImage1 = new Image(); loadImage1.src = "http://blablabla.jpg"; staticImage1 = new Image(); staticImage1.src = "http://blablabla.gif"; // End --> </script> Thanks

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hey Gandhi, Here is the code that controls what your 'logo' looks like:

<?php if(pagepress('custom_header')):?>
				">
				" alt="<?php echo SITENAME; ?>"/>

<?php else:?>
		      		<h1 id="blogtitle">"><span class="sheen"></span><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></h1>
		      		<div id="blogdescription"><?php bloginfo('description'); ?></div>
			<?php endif; ?>[/code]

if you're not using the 'custom header' option you would want to replace this section of code with your own :)

Posted · Report post

Ps. This code is in 'header.php'

Posted · Report post

It doesn't work! It might be because of the small icons of Twitter/Facebook that are on top of the header image? Where excatly should I replace the code? Under the if or the else?

Posted · Report post

Just replace or comment out the above code, and replace it with your own. It controls how the logo/title appear on your site. If it still doesn't work, feel free to post the code you tried, and the results. Screenshots always help.

Posted · Report post

I've tried all combinations: Screen%20shot%202009-10-15%20at%204.52.57%20PM.pngScreen%20shot%202009-10-15%20at%204.45.14%20PM.png

Posted · Report post

Whenever the javascript is supposed to appear, I get nothing. I know it's trying, but it seems like for some reason the code doesn't load...

Posted · Report post

Can you give me a 'live' link? Have you tried using FireBug for Firefox to see if your getting any JS errors? The second one is the correct implementation...

Posted · Report post

Ok, got it working. It turned out to be a JavaScript error... If anyone has the same problem, ask me!