Photo
- - - - -

making top header area have an image map

Best Answer Danny , 26 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

Thats because the Content Box section is a section and not a plugin. In DMS sections can be installed via the Wordpress plugin installer, however, this is not the case for PageLines Framework, all sections need to be uploaded to the sections folder of your child theme or customize plugin.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 imagineutopia

imagineutopia

Advocate

• Members

• 276 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

hi. is there anyway to have the header image the pageslines pulls in with the out of the box branding area, can that have an image map?

I'm trying several things to make the top right section of my header have a link that goes to an online store area.

I can use an sidebar or something but I like have the social media buttons right there with my header.

what can I do here?

button.jpg

#2 imagineutopia

imagineutopia

Advocate

• Members

• 276 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

is 'Universal Sidebar' the only one available to drop into the header area of the drag and drop?

#3 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

Hello John 

In this situation i would use the Content Box Section. You can place this in the header via Drag & Drop and add content to it. 

The Section is available here in the included content is you do not already have access to it 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 imagineutopia

imagineutopia

Advocate

• Members

• 276 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

I don't have the ftp access to this site that I once had.

am I able to upload that .zip file into the pagelines section installer?

does that work does do I need to ftp the folder?

#5 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

The zip folder linked above contains all the sections. - unzip this and then choose the sections you would like to use. 

Take the section Contentbox and then upload this using the PageLines section installer. That should work no problem at all. 

Let us know how you get on :) 

#6 rlogan

rlogan

• Members

• 151 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL.
  • Framework Version:DMS and Framework Developer

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

Hi.  What is the "PageLines Section Installer"?  I'm looking to do the same thing the original poster requested.  I have the files downloaded and unzipped.

Thank you,,

Ryan

• imagineutopia likes this

#7 rlogan

rlogan

• Members

• 151 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

I'm guessing you're referring to the PageLines Store, in the WordPress Dashboard.  

PageLines > Store >  "You need to install and activate PageLines Sections Plugin". Install It Now!

Clicking Install It Now!, produces a "Could not connect to download" message.

PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account > Please set your PageLines login credentials. Reset Account Credentials

Clicking Reset Account Credentials produces Successfully logged in as "" to PageLines with a secured connection. Developer edition enabled.

I go back to PageLines > Store and try again.  No dice.  I then go back to PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account and I'm logged out again.

Sorry, I've either been developing in DMS or not really touching my Framework sites lately.  So, not really sure about the state of this stuff.

Thanks,

Ryan

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hi Ryan, this is a the framework plugin which enables you to upload sections from within the store.

You can download it from

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Install as a plugin and activate.

The login for the Framework is no longer required as it was used for the Store and plus subscription services, which are no longer available since the launch of DMS. Any previous sections/plugins purchased can still be used by downloading the zip file from your launchpad account and then installing manually via the sections or plugins tab (depending on the product).

#9 rlogan

rlogan

• Members

• 151 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL.

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

Ok, I installed the only plugin that looked like a possible match...plugin-pagelines-legacy-sections (3)

Then, I went to the store:  PageLines > Sections > Upload and tried to install...section-contentbox (3)

"Destination folder already exists /hermes/walnaweb02a/b1036/nwh.compuc1/nrtt/nrttwp/wp-content/plugins/contentbox/"

#10 rlogan

rlogan

• Members

• 151 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL.

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

I went ahead and deleted the contentbox directory in the plugins directory and attempted a re-install of section-contentbox (3)

It says the install was successful, but again placed the files in the plugins directory.  I then moved the contentbox folder from the plugins directory to the sections directory.

Bingo!!!

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16313 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:14 PM   Best Answer

Thats because the Content Box section is a section and not a plugin. In DMS sections can be installed via the Wordpress plugin installer, however, this is not the case for PageLines Framework, all sections need to be uploaded to the sections folder of your child theme or customize plugin.