#1 vegetarianepicurean

vegetarianepicurean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS Personal

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hi -

For some reason, I can't get the post thumbnail to show up above the post lists on my main page.  If I change it to left justified or in excerpt, it will show up, but otherwise there is nothing there.  I found an old post that said I could change the settings within the Pagelines Setting in Wordpress, but that option is no longer there.

I have the DMS Personal (paid not free) but it would not let me post in that forum.

My website (for now) is: http://biz141.inmoti.../~vegeta9/test/

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

HI,

I recommend you disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools and see if this resolves your issue. As you have an error on your site which is related to a plugin called Featured Post Grid, this may be effecting your posts featured images from displaying.

#3 vegetarianepicurean

vegetarianepicurean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

So I deactivated everything and they showed up. Then I reactivated everything except the Featured Post Grid and they were gone again.  Should I take away one at a time to see where the issue is?

Will I not be able to have other plugins?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

Well now that you know for certain that a plugin is the culprit, you will now need to do the enjoyable task of disabling all active plugins and then enabling them on at a time. Once one has been activated, you will need to review your site and see if the thumbnails are disappear, if they're don't, then the plugin you just activated isn't the culprit, then move on the next one, repeat the process until your thumbnails are no longer visible. When that happens, you know that the last plugin activated, is the cause of your issue.

#5 vegetarianepicurean

vegetarianepicurean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

So it seems to be Jetpack - does this mean I can't use it? Should I contact them to see what they think?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

What version of Jetpack do you have installed, as Jetpack is a pretty popular plugin and therefore, if this was stripping blog feature thumbs I think this would have been reported several times already, which it hasn't.

Have you tried disabling different modules in Jetpack, such as Proto or whatever it is called ?

#7 vegetarianepicurean

vegetarianepicurean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

Ok. So the thing I liked most in my Jetpack was the custom CSS. My Custom CSS allows me to have the cute mason jars along the side and the fonts changes and colors.  Leaving Jetpack disabled, I put the custom CSS into my DMS - and the featured images disappeared, so it obviously has to do with my script. Do you think there is a way to keep the mason jars, but still have the featured pictures?

Thank you!

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

For something like that, you will need to contact the author the script, as I have no idea what it does and we do not provide support for questions related to third party plugins or scripts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thumbnail, DMS, post