Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TEMPLATES

Question

Posted · Report post

I have a template for my landing page but would like to revise it for some of my other pages. I have saved the template as another name. But when I revise one page all the pages  change with the revision. I need to have different information on the landing page. But on other pages of the site I what the specific page to show in a content/post, so my client can revise the page from the Wordpress admin pages feature. I do not want a content loop on the landing page

How can I revise a template design for another page so that you can revise  information specific for one page. I am using the Content Post Loop box to show information on the other pages all except the landing page. Thanks

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, once you save the template as a new name. Go back into the templates selection and click on the newly created template 'load template' to ensure the page is now using the new template. Save/publish. Make a small change, add a textbox etc, save. Go back between the two different templates to ensure its working correctly.

Posted · Report post

Thank you. Actually I did that but my problem is I was entering some information in global area, so I got that figured out thanks!