Wordpress pages won't save/load the pagelines dms template/ fixed navigation bar at top does not work

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello,

My website is www.arttrustmasters.com

I am having a couple of problems with wordpress and pagelines dms.

1. My wordpress pages won't save/load the pagelines dms template I have chosen (feature) (see screenshot 1). Once I choose it and click update, it goes back to asking again to choose the template (screenshot 2); and

2. The fixed navigation bar at top does not work on the items where I have drop down menus (our expert team, financial services, and creative services). I have enabled the appropriate menu. (see screenshot 3).

Thanks,
Marlene

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Similar problem here,

DMS templates do not always show in wordpress editor.  Some times they do!  No idea why.  But DMS keeps the templates in the DMS editor.

Can the team shed any light on this?

Thanks

Andy

Posted · Report post

Hi,

1. The Template selection drop down menu doesn't currently work, this has been reported and our developer are aware of the problem.

2. This isn't an issue or a bug, it is how the menu has been designed. The Fixed Navbar and NavBar section are based on the Navigation design by Bootstrap. Where any parent menu item that has a sub menu or drop down menu, will no longer be a clickable link, as it will act as an anchor that you must click to access the drop down menu.

If you do not like this functionality, you will need to find an alternative menu section such as UberMenu.

Posted · Report post

Hello!

Thank you for your replies.

I have a couple of more questions and comments?

1. Why would the fixed bar be designed to not accomodate a drop down menu? This makes no sense at all to me from a common sense point of view. Is this going to be fixed?

2. Even the regular Nav Bar does not accomodated a drop down menu!!!!!!

I have no idea what "act as an anchor that you must click to access the drop down menu" means? Can you clarify?

I just need a simple solution that will allow a drop down menu at the top for regular people who want to click on it.

3. Ubermenu is not free. Is there another plugin that is compatible with DMS?

Thanks. Marlene

Posted · Report post

The Fixed NavBar and Navbar section do support drop down menus. However, they're based on Bootstraps navigation design, this means that any menu item that has a submenu/drop down menu will no longer be a clickable link.

To access your sub menu, you will need to click on the parent menu item, when clicked the sub menu will appear, this is what I meant by anchor. You can see the Bootstrap menu in action here - http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/components.html#navbar

If you do not wish to use UberMenu (I highly recommend it) you should search the Wordpress plugin repository - http://wordpress.org/plugins/

Posted · Report post

Hello,

Thanks.

Maybe you can further distill the concept and clarify for me what you mean by:

1. The Fixed NavBar and Navbar section do support drop down menus. However, they're based on Bootstraps navigation design, this means that any menu item that has a submenu/drop down menu will no longer be a clickable link.

If you read this it just goes in circles! You have imparted no explanation.

A better way would be to tell what I need to do in order for it to work as a drop down menu?

Yes of course I can search for a plugin at wordpress, but it seems that many plugins are not compatible with DMS so it would be nice if you ( since you are in a position to know ) would recommend 1 or 2.

Thanks,

Marlene

Posted · Report post

I have no idea what you mean when you say this:

"If you read this it just goes in circles! You have imparted no explanation."

I have re-read what I wrote and I am unable to explain it any clearer than I already have.

1. Both the Fixed Navbar and NavBar section support drop down menus. However, unlike the standard functionality of a navigation where you have a parent menu item which is a link, and its submenu which is activated by hovering over the parent item.

Bootstrap designed there navigation so that if you wanted to activate your sub menu, the parent menu item is no longer a link, it is instead an anchor. By anchor I mean that you have to click the parent item and then the sub menu appears.

If you viewed the link I gave you, you can see how the menu works. - http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/components.html#navbar

2. I wouldn't recommend any other plugin in regards to menus other than UberMenu, as its regarded as the best menu plugin for Wordpress due to its ease of user and features.

You can try this - http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/yams-lite/

Posted · Report post

in easy person speak...

dropdowns DO work.

the very top item in a dropdown menu is not linkable.

you have to click the very top item in the menu for the drop down to.... drop down.

if your drop down don't work, it is probably a plugin conflict.  

if you want more features. use ubermenu. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

seventhsite

I bow to your explanation skills, which are superior to mine :D

Posted · Report post

Danny

I was afraid I would get warning points, but instead got you bowing. Thats what we do here in Japan too   :bow: