Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help with Plugin Formatting within DMS - Vimeography Video

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello,

I've been trying to format the Vimeography plugin in the DMS, but have been having problems getting the thumbnails on the bottom of the vimeography player to show up.  I've spoken with the plugin creator multiple times and he said that the theme creator would be the best at troubleshooting this problem.  

I have attached a screenshot of the problem and you can see the site live by going to: http://new59.59secondpitch.com/wp/ and clicking on "Work"

Also, below I have attached the recommended fixes by the plugin developer that I've tried but can't seem to get to work.  If anyone can help me here, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

From Plugin Developer:

Your theme has altered the normal ordering of the WordPress filters such that the wpautop filter is run after shortcodes are parsed. The result is that extra tags are printed all over the form including the JavaScript, which can cause extra spacing, break the JavaScript and preventing the form showing if you have conditional logic. Some themes have a workaround – wrap the form shortcode in raw tags. If that doesn’t work – see below.

The solution is to move the wpautop filter so that it’s run before the do_shortcode filter. Your theme possibly has the code shown below somewhere, a good place to start looking is the functions.php file then any shortcode related file, find this code and remove it.

remove_filter( ‘the_content’, ‘wpautop’ ); 
add_filter( ‘the_content’, ‘wpautop’ , 99 ); 
add_filter( ‘the_content’, ‘shortcode_unautop’, 100 );

If you can’t find it, the author of your theme will be able to tell you how to do this or provide a workaround.

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

PageLines does has the [pl_raw] shortcode. Have you tried wrapping the plugin shortcode in the raw tags? I'd say try that first. I think if you remove the wpautop filter will have a negative effect on DMS. Try the raw tags and let us know if that has a result, if not we'll check with the developer team to see what they suggest regarding the code the developer provided.

rawSC.png?v=1371676951

Posted · Report post

Thanks James, got it to work! 

Posted · Report post

Excellent, glad it's working. Thanks for updating.