pagination

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dawsonbarber

dawsonbarber

• Members

• 168 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:45 AM

I've been playing around with Filtering and can't seem to get the pagination working.

Whenever I click on the Next button or one of the number button, the only thing that happens is that the entire page refreshes (not just the page within Filtering).

The actual excerpts don't change.

When I hover over the Next button or one of the number buttons, I can see that there are links to more pages (e.g., /page/2) but the pagination does not appear to be working.

Another thing...not sure whether this is a bug (related to the first issue) or if this would be considered a feature request...but I have Filtering set to display 12 items, with a total of 10 custom post type categories.

There are probably 10 posts in each category but when I click on a link for a specific category, the only thing that happens is that all other category excerpts disappear from the page, leaving only one from the specific category.

The number of pagination buttons/links/pages don't change (still shows that there are ten pages of excerpts).

I would have expected that it would have pulled in all posts in that category up to the limit set in pagination (and then made any excerpts over the pagination limit available via pagination).

I've tested with all other plugins set to inactive and still get the same result.

I'm running the latest version of DMS, WordPress, Filtering, etc.

Any ideas on this?

#2 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 356 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

@dawsonbarber Pagination should be working on the navigation links -- do you have a site where I can view what you are doing? It does load the whole page again but it should then show the next 12 posts and their categories to filter by. Pagination isn't perfect at this point. It only displays the number of posts you have selected and the categories for those posts to filter by.

I am currently exploring adding AJAX in order to do what you are asking -- show the number of posts for the category selected and then paginate - if that makes sense. Hopefully that will be something in the next major upgrade, the beginning of the year. Send me a link for your site if you can and thanks for the feedback/suggestions.

Best, Ellen

#3 dawsonbarber

dawsonbarber

• Members

• 168 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi Ellen

I'll PM you a link to the site in a day or two (I've just got a few other priorities to finish up with before I can do that).

Adding Ajax would be awesome.

#4 luigiviscido2

luigiviscido2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

HI Hellen, I have the same problem. Whenever I click on the Next button the only thing that happens is that the entire page refreshes. It only works if I'm logged into wordpress. My website is here: http://www.carciofodipaestum.it
Please help me.

#5 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 356 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

@luigiviscido2 Do you have a page with Filtering on it so I can see? 

Thanks,

Ellen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Filtering, pagination