Photo

Carousel Images From Category.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:14 PM

In Version 1.1.1 the changelog says this : - Category Select for Carousel, Controls on Post Pages I have 1.1.1 installed and can see the other options such as : - Page and Body Background Color Option But I cannot see where I can get the carousel to read images from a category, I only want to have images displayed and no pages associated with them. Is that possible ? Thanks Steve

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:45 AM

Bumping for you, so you don't get buried. Bump again so the developers can see you because this is one for them. Thanks, Bryan

#3 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

Thanks Bryan. Bump.

#4 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

Bump... No takers ? It's in the changelog !!

#5 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

If you just want various images then use the nextgen mode with the carousel.

#6 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

What I want to do is have a carousel of all our technical partner logos, and as some are varying in size and shape the fixed thumbnail size does not work for me. Are you saying the changelog is incorrect and infact a category for carousel images is not possible at this point ?

#7 pagelinesuser

pagelinesuser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:43 AM

No It would work if you have a post for each partner with their logo as the "features image" or thumb.

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:44 AM

No It would work if you have a post for each partner with their logo as the "features image" or thumb.

#9 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:17 PM

I don't think this will work for what I want as I have other images in my posts that I don't want to show on the carousel. I have tried a few different options tonight with no luck. Is there a roadmap to have the carousel to load images directly from the media folder or from a dedicated category ?

#10 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

Yes if you check carousel settings you'll see near the bottom you can put the category slug of the category you want to pull from. The category slug would be the name of the category used in the URL lower case with dashes used as spaces.

#11 nueranet

nueranet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

Hi cmunns, I asked this question yesterday and wanted to get your feedback on it please. I think the carousel is a brilliant feature. My desire is to use it in a slightly different way than just having the thumbnail images that go to a post or a flicker page. I would like to use the carousel feature to link thumbnail images of videos that will either load from say YouTube or link the thumbnail to a page in my web site. so it can do something like you see on this page link (and I apologize for the link) http://templatic.com...?theme=productz Is this possible and what do I need to change in the carousel code to make it behave that way? This would be a fantastic feature for the carousel to have by default. It would provide an enormous benefit to the platform pro layout. Thank you Peter

#12 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:26 PM

We could try, but the carousel is implementation of plugins. I responded to your other thread which has a link to an article which may be able to work it out with the NextGen Gallery.