Photo
- - - - -

Custom Post Types - Display Comments Section

custom post type comments section

Best Answer angelopc , 10 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

Danny,

This issue is solved. Apparently, PageLines does not like special characters in the slugs of CTPs. I removed/renamed and everything appears to be working. Thanks for your time.

Ed

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 angelopc

angelopc

Advanced Member

• Members

• 31 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

I've added the Comments section to a CTP template. I've "allowed" comments and they are allowed in the CTP's settings. I can't get them to display, using PageLines, but they display just fine, using the TwentyTwelve theme.

I saw similar posts, but none offered a resolution, for me. Any help (or reference to an existing solution) would be greatly appreciated.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

41.67KB   0 downloads

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Also, can you take a screenshot of both your Page Template section area and your Content Area section area (basically, a full screenshot of the image you provided above).

#3 angelopc

angelopc

Advanced Member

• Members

• 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

Danny,

Before I go through all of that, I think I may have found the issue. What I've found is that, when I add the Comments section, and it says "Section Order Saved!", if I refresh the page, the Comments section is gone. It's like it isn't really saving the settings.

Firefox

Chrome

Internet Explorer

All have the same results.

#4 angelopc

angelopc

Advanced Member

• Members

• 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:28 PM   Best Answer

Danny,

This issue is solved. Apparently, PageLines does not like special characters in the slugs of CTPs. I removed/renamed and everything appears to be working. Thanks for your time.

Ed

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved. As far as I am aware you can't use special characters in custom post types (could be wrong).

#6 angelopc

angelopc

Advanced Member

• Members

• 31 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

Oh, you can use them (hyphens/dashes). You just can't use them with PageLines.

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

I haven't used PageLines Framework extensively in while, but I do remember creating multiple custom post types like so:

pc-games

ps4-games

xbox-games

And had no issues whatsoever. Also, not sure why the custom post type name would effect the visibility of the comments section on the CPTs? The issue may be related to how you're creating the CPTs. Also, you mention that its as though the settings are saving, this implies that it could be a cache issue or related to a plugin. I would disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

#8 angelopc

angelopc

Advanced Member

• Members

• 31 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

It wasn't really affecting the visibility. It was affecting the save process, somehow. Actually, it wasn't even the save process, because once I changed the slug, the previously saved sections appeared on the Drag & Drop template (the ones that looked as though they weren't being saved). Beyond that, I'm clueless as to why things would work that way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom post type, comments section