sections behind other sections

Question

Posted · Report post

I am having some trouble with sections appearing in multiple instances. Then when I attempt to remove the instance it is "behind" another section so my mouse over does not cause the bar with the delete "x" pop up.
Anyone else experience this? Am I just in the world of buggy DMS on my own?
Help anyone. 
THANK YOU! :-)

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I apologise, but I am not quite sure what you're referring to. Would it be possible to provide screenshots of your issue please, as well as a link to your site.

Posted · Report post

I think I experienced something like that a few weeks ago for the first time but I couldn't reproduce it on any other site and all of a sudden the next day I didn't have the issue anymore. I'd suggest making sure all cache is cleared. If you can, delete all sections and start over on that page. Deleting a full width section will delete the items in it. Same with cloning a full width area section.

Posted · Report post

It is the most annoying thing. I tried to rebuild the whole page but I keep getting a piece of a section underneath. It all went well until i tried to put a media box section in the center square of a 3 column section. If you look at the picture you can see the watermark from for media box.
Cx6InQ5.jpg

#207mLNkk.jpg

Posted · Report post

OK, I have just added the three column layout section and added three Mediabox sections to each column without any issue. Therefore, this issue may be related to a custom script you may have added or a third party plugin. I recommend removing all custom scripts and deactivating all plugins except for DMS Pro Tools, delete that template and start again, then see if you're able to recreate the issue.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny"]. The whole point in posting for me was to avoid such drastic matters but C'est La Vie. I reset everything and flushed the css/less. I had no idea I was going to lose everything in the custom code area. If I had known I would have copied it elsewhere and put back in each code one by one. I am noticing that this happened only on the site that I have with Wordpress MU so that may be a variable to consider IF this comes up for anyone else.
Thank you for your help @[member="Danny"] and @[member="Clifford P. Nick Haskins also helped me as well.
Everything did not work as well as I would have liked but I learned and I am grateful for all of the support in this community. Have a great week.

2 people like this