RTL support WPML RTL

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 202 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

Dear Pagelines team, it is good to see DMS maturing from update to update - and you seem to be hard at work because the updates are coming in fast! Is there any hope of RTL support being sorted out soon? I am using the WPML, Wordpress Multilingual plugin, one of the main multilingual setups. There still seems to be a basic disagreement - in text boxes, headings etc. RTL works fine, but when I have an entire page set to an RTL language, the DMS Editor itself turns its English text - and buttons etc. - to LTR, rendering it practically unusable. Here is a screenshot to illustrate this. 

Or perhaps I am overlooking something or doing something wrong. I could not find any Forum threads on RTL solutions - if you have any, please let me know. I'd be very grateful. 

But most of all, I long for the days when DMS would be as seamlessly integrated with WPML as it used to be with Pagelines, when everything was nearly perfect and very efficient.

Thank you for your tireless work in the background! Yours faithfully, Jan.

Attached Files

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hello there @caspersjan 

Thank you for your kind words :) 

With Regards RTL support - have you seen the documentation here http://docs.pageline...tom-rtl-support

#3 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 202 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

Dear Martin, I appreciate your advice (which was instant unlike this reply which took a few weeks!) and know where to look now. So far, I have not found a way to solve this RTL problem of the flipped DMS Editor. I am working around it by pretending to use a LTR language and changing the language name at the back end. Inside all the DMS sections I have tried so far RTL works fine, it is just that the Editor gets flipped and thus becomes unusable. I'm sure this will be ironed out in a future version. Thanks again, merry Christmas and good luck for the new year to come. Yours faithfully, Jan.

• greenfly likes this

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

Hi @jan

Could you create an admin level account for your site and send the credentials, along with a link to this topic to hello at pagelines dot com and we can talk a look for you? 

:) 

#5 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 202 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hello Martin, this I shall do! I'll create two languages alongside the English, one LTR and one RTL, so the difference and problem will be evident and perhaps you and your team may find what's amiss or if I am overlooking something myself. It will take me a week or two until I get around to this - in the meantime I'll go into the New Year with the warm glow of customer care and community. Thank you and keep up the good work in 2014! Yours faithfully, Jan.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RTL support, WPML, RTL