Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

JS query causing slow page speed performance

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi, 

I've been struggling with optimizing my site speed for a few days. I ultimately moved from shared hosting to DV, and although I now have a lower google-pagespeed rating, my site is actually faster and much more responsive. Same thing on tools.pingdom.com, I went from a 91 to an 81, but the site is still faster than it was before. 

Anyway, I found the DMS js scripts in the attached screenshot are slowing me down, is there anyway to suppress them? Are they necessary, can I remove them? 

parallax

pl.common

bootstrap

easing

fitvids

resize

viewport

waypoints

migrate

I could sacrifice the parallax and animations at least for speed if thats the case, but I'm sure theres a way to keep all these and optimize the performance. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Site in question is: designsqr.com

Thanks!

Edited by lexlex88

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

What do you mean by DV ?

Also, you can't suppress the DMS scripts otherwise DMS will no longer function. In regards to them actually slowing your site, I don't how this can be as I have no issue with page speed on my FlyWheel test site or my Digital Ocean test site.

Therefore, its most likely either your server configuration or you have other scripts/plugins causing the issue.

From what I can see you have no cache plugin or CDN active, see our optimize documentation for assistance - http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/optimize-load-time

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny! All resolved now.

Posted · Report post

No problem, happy to hear your issue has been resolved.