Photo
- - - - -

Internet explorer problem + Less CSS not working.

internet explorer Less CSS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mdsirajul

mdsirajul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBangladesh

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

So far so good - Thanks to the the pagelines theme for the free version, I am running two of my hobby blog in this platform.

I have found two problems that I like to share here.

Firstly-  The LESS CSS is not working when I add new css code, after publishing and then refreshing the css code is gone. Then I applied external CSS files linked in the header, now its okay.

Secondly- Broken lay out in Internet Explorer.

Recently I have found severe problem checking my blog in Internet explorer 8. The CSS is fine but the lay out is totally broken down. The side bar supposed to be in the right side 350px and content should be 650px on left side.

But in internet explorer the content column took the whole screen , right side bar forced to down after the content column.

Then I curiously check up on the official pagelines blog, but it has the same problem. Plus it has an added problem, the images did not loaded fully. I am provinding the screen shot here .Attached File  pagelines.jpg   62.48KB   1 downloads

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hi,

1. This is actually a bug which has already been fixed and will be available in an upcoming patch. There is currently a band aid and all you need to do is, once you have added your custom CSS, click on an area outside the CSS/LESS editor, this will trigger the saving progression icon next to the publish button. Once that saving trigger has completed, click Publish and your css changes will be added.

2. I dont have access to IE8 so I have notified a colleague who does so he can check this potential issue.

#3 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Hello @mdsirajul 

I have checked the PageLines site using Internet explorer 8 and see the following http://d.pr/i/FFCo

Could you please check whether you have compatibility mode activated on Internet Explorer and let us know? 

Do you have a link to your own blog so we can check this out for you?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: internet explorer, Less CSS