• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 janemackey

janemackey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

1) I'm sure this is a silly question but I'm not sure where/how exactly to use the pl_video shortcode for a vimeo I want to add in DMS. I've tried in a text box under text content and that doesn't work, and I've tried it with and without a [pl_raw] wrapper. I've been able to embed the video but then it didn't show up on my mobile device.

I'm new to DMS and am a bit confused about where/how to use shortcodes though they seem great! 

2) I see that Site Images would be where to put the favicon and had it in the older pagelines but since converting to DMS, I don't have that menu item under Global Options and don't see where to put it.

3) I also can't find where to select content background as opposed to full background as I was able to do in Pagelines before converting.

4) On my mobile device, I have a huge gap between the fixed navbar and the single image I have on the page (I have nothing in the header) as well as a huge gap after the image before the footer.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

Hi there.

You can use the video shortcode like [pl_video type="vimeo" id="42811051"] in the postloop or a textbox. You shouldn't need to use the pl-raw shortcode for the video embed. The textbox section will scale down in the responsive layout with the video inside, this should appear fine on the mobile site but the site link you have in your forum profile is for a site using the framework so i'm unable to check for you. Please post the DMS url so we can take a look for you.

The favicon is set in global options>site images in the dms control panel http://screencast.com/t/vdnBJ6EQviy

If you have the site set to 'boxed layout' in the layout and nav tab this will place a central container like the content area was in the framework. You can then assign a color to the central box container using css.

body.display-boxed .boxed-wrap .pl-area-wrap .pl-content {
    background: #FFFFFF;}

We'd need to see the live site to see what could be causing the gap for you.

#3 janemackey

janemackey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

Thanks so much and I apologize for putting too many questions into one topic. Please let me know if you'd like me to start a new topic on any of them!

I switched my profile for the right test site. I found that the [pl_video] did show up in Firefox but didn't show up in the preview on google chrome so guess we're okay there. However, it still does not show up on the mobile site.

As for the favicon, I know that that is where it's supposed to be set but for some reason I don't have that menu item?? I did 

I think the content background is workable now. I liked how it worked better in the framework, though, because when I change to boxed layout it messed up the color on the fixed nav bar so I worked around it and it's okay.

Still perplexed on the gap issue..

Thanks again for any help you can provide...I used to be a developer about a decade ago so it's a little challenging getting back into all of this! 

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

HI,

1. The PL Video shortcode has been reported with some issues, so for the meantime you will want to use the embed code in a MediaBox.

2. If you can't see the Favicon setting, then can you provide a screenshot of what it is you do see please.

4. We are going to need to see your site inorder to investigate this issue.

#5 janemackey

janemackey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Attached File  screenshot_globaloptions_20131209.tiff   70.72KB   2 downloads

Thanks, Danny!

1. When I tried to use the embed code earlier, I still could not see it on my mobile device. Will try again but not hopeful.

2. Screenshot is attached.

4. I changed the site in my profile but here it is just in case: pencesense.com/testDMS

Thank you!

#6 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

@janemackey for some reason the file you attached is very small and difficult to make sense of. Please could you try uploading the screenshot to an image hosting site such as imgur.com and then provide the link and we will be able to take a look. 

#7 janemackey

janemackey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

Thanks for the tip on using imgur...very convenient! Here is the link to the screenshot: 

#8 janemackey

janemackey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

Oops...looks it copied the screenshot instead of the link. hopefully this works!

#9 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Is this screenshot related to issue number 2? 

Are you using the the most up to date version of DMS? Which version do you have running?