DepthCharge install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mtaus

mtaus

• Members

• 130 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Perhaps I'm missing something but I thought I'd share an issue I had with the installation of the Depth Charge section. I orginally posted this in the ETC support forum, but I thought it might be useful here.

When I downloaded the Depth Charge Section from PL, I uploaded the entire depthcharge folder to the sections folder on my site. I think this is correct and it seems to be the normal practice when adding new sections, but perhaps I'm wrong.

When I uploaded the entire folder, it contained certain js files here: /depthcharge/sections/depthcharge/js/

But when I installed the section it is looking for the js files here: /depthcharge/js/

I've copied the js folder back up to the correct path and the console errors have disappeared, i.e., the js files are loading and the parallax is working. Yea!

Now if only I can get the sprite image to center like it's supposed to.

#2 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

DepthCharge is a DMS only plugin. You install it as a plugin just like any other plugin. In fact, I believe almost all of the plugins in the store are to be installed that way. You no longer need to upload the directory into the section folder.

I'll answer your ticket right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Depth Charge