Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sharebar: Facebook not working

Question

Posted · Report post

The Facebook-button on my Sharebar isn't showing. In the Settings, I have enabled Facebook and also filled out both a Facebook Page Name as well as a Facebook App ID. (see the image below).

It seems there might be a general problem - the like button also isn't showing up in the Pagelines Documentation for shortcodes

- I also have another problem. See how the width for the ShareBar area is 12/12? Why is the LinkedIn-button shown below the rest? It looks messy.

30ti8lw.jpg

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Can you disable all active plugins (except for DMS Pro Tools) and also, enable DMS Debug mode (DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced) as well as providing a link to the site in question.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny - thanks for the quick reply.

I can't disable all plugins since the site is live and needs to have them. The site is located at the URL that's listed privately on this profile. Press "blog" in the top right hand corner to access the Pagelines site.

I have enabled the debug mode :)

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, we can not provide support to users who do not disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools, as a plugin could be the cause of the issue.

Posted · Report post

Okay, Danny, I've deactivated all but DMS Professional Tools. Take a look now :)

Posted · Report post

Hi there, is debug still checked on your site? I can't get into the debug url.

However, when I click on the facebook like in the sharebar it does seem to be working - http://screencast.com/t/BogukQeq make sure you're logged into facebook when testing this.

Posted · Report post

Yes, debug is still active.

Weird, it may be one of the plugins then, 'cause I can see the like button there now as well.

Though, I still can't see it on your documentation page as I wrote above. Do you think it might be a bug?

Posted · Report post

Which browser are you using? I'm wondering if it could be browser related as I can still see the facebook like on the docs http://screencast.com/t/cA3PgXcm7vj

Posted · Report post

Do you have web filtering at your location that's active?  I am a school teacher and when I'm at work, my school district blocks Facebook on certain WiFi networks we have setup for staff and students.  If my computer is connected to one of the content restricted WiFi networks, I have to use my security override to get to Facebook.  Once I can view Facebook, the little Facebook share icons will become visible.