Photo
Cool Carousel

Possible to use post categories

Best Answer CliffordP , 13 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hi @andylemay. Thanks for asking, but no. It will not be like the Flipper section that pulls in posts' featured images and such, if that's what you're asking about. However, you could custom-craft a Cool Carousel set (e.g. name it "Currently Featured Posts") and CC allows you to use an already existing media file (e.g. featured image from post 7) and you can link the image to the post (e.g. my.com/?p=7). If it's no longer one of your featured posts, you can just change that CC post to a draft or move it to a different set (e.g. "Past Featured Posts"). Let me know if you have any other q's.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 toca711

toca711

• Members

• 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

I release this might be possible but....

Is it possible to use this Carousel with posts and post categories?

I have already used other dms post carousel sections but I love the ability to easily customize this section.

so is this possible?

Thank you

#2 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Thank you for purchasing, and I'm very glad you like Cool Carousel. :-)

It only works with the Cool Carousel post type posts (i.e. images, videos, ...)

It cannot pull in posts of another type (e.g. post, page, custom post type)

Please let me know if your question is answered completely.

Thank you.

#3 andylemay

andylemay

Advanced Member

• Members

• 69 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hi Clifford,

Any chance this feature might come along!  It would be very useful as I would prefer to standardise on one carousel plugin.

Many thanks for the great plugin!

Andy

#4 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:17 PM   Best Answer

Hi @andylemay. Thanks for asking, but no. It will not be like the Flipper section that pulls in posts' featured images and such, if that's what you're asking about. However, you could custom-craft a Cool Carousel set (e.g. name it "Currently Featured Posts") and CC allows you to use an already existing media file (e.g. featured image from post 7) and you can link the image to the post (e.g. my.com/?p=7). If it's no longer one of your featured posts, you can just change that CC post to a draft or move it to a different set (e.g. "Past Featured Posts"). Let me know if you have any other q's.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cool Carousel