Photo
- - - - -

Problem with menus / nav styling when updating Pagelines Framework / iBlogPro theme

Problems menu styling framework iblogpro appearance

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 daragh

daragh

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland
  • Framework Version:2.1.6 to 2.4.4

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hi,

I've a client who I setup with the Pagelines Framework (2.1.6 at the time) and iBlogPro (5.1.1 at the time).

All was fine - I think he then hired someone to do SEO who updated Wordpress, the Framework and the themes and since then there's been problems.

Note that I'm using WP 3.7.1, I've added no plugins other than the Pagelines Framework theme and iBlogPro theme - i.e. WP is in an otherwise out of the box state.

I have re-imported the site data.

I decided to go back and rebuild the site on a seperate server, using the versions used at the time (except for Wordpress). All seemed well, except that I'm getting a serious looking bug in the page / post editor screen under the select templates dropdown (see screengrab pagelines-template-error.jpg).

The menu looks 100% as we want it though (screengrab pagelines-menu-1.jpg). The colours / shading is correct, the right amount of space between the top level nav wording and the down arrow etc.

Note at the top left I specify the Framework and iBlog theme version.

So, I then update the Framework to version 2.4.4 - which FIXES the page template error thing, but breaks the menu (screengrab pagelines-menu-2.jpg).

I then thought perhaps I need the latest iBlog version, so update that to ver 5.2.5 (screengrab pagelines-menu-3.jpg).

Still the menu isn't quite right - and the right drop down arrows are on top of the nav label text.

I feel that the framework must be updated (as I've done) in order to seemingly prevent some pretty serious looking admin errors that I'm seeing on the live site.

But we really want to preserve the exact look and feel of the nav as in screengrab pagelines-menu-1.jpg.

Can you help / suggest some CSS / change to fix this?

Best Wishes,

Daragh Mulvey

Information Managers

Attached Files

#2 daragh

daragh

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Note: Temporary site rebuild is here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I can provide admin logon seperately if that helps?

Best,

Daragh

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hi,

I apologise, but I am not quite sure what your issue is, is the menu styling not working as intended, is that the issue ?

And you think that it should look like your attachment image 3 ?

#4 daragh

daragh

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hi,

We want the menu to look as it did when the site was first launched - i.e. it should look as per screengrab pagelines-menu-1.jpg.

However, the framework updates and iBlog update changes that look - it now looks as depicted in screengrab pagelines-menu-3.jpg with problems with the arrows on the drop downs etc.

Again, you can see this live now on

So I want to have it look as it did in screengrab pagelines-menu-1.jpg.

Thanks for your attention on this.

-Daragh

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

Hi there,

I'm getting a 404 on the rebuild link.

Do you have the url to the original site? If so we could look at the css in the drop down to see what you need to adjust on the new site.

#6 daragh

daragh

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hi,

I've just checked:

and the link is up / working fine.

Dunno why you couldn't see it. I've attached a JPEG that shows the URL in the screengrab just in case this form is messing it up.

I can rebuild a quick default site using Pagelines 2.1.6 and iBlogPro 5.1.1 and put it up on my server if you like but bear in mind that we didn't edit these in any way whatsoever - and this is exactly how we want the nav to appear.

That said, I have put up a new default Paglines 2.1.6 and iBlogPro 5.1.1 for you to look at.

It's here:

Thanks so much for your help.

-Daragh

Attached Files

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

Hi Daragh, very strange but I'm unable to view any of your links, all going to 404.

Anyway, in your iblog proo theme, check in the iblogpro settings that the menu theme is selected -

that will put in the default color scheme for the drop downs. Without being able to see the site I can't tell if the menu was edited with css or not, but if selecting the default scheme doesn't have any effect then I'd imagine the colors were adjusted with css.

The css for the sub menu on the default scheme is

#nav .main_nav .sub-menu a {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #5A5C5E;
    border-right: medium none;
    text-shadow: none;
}

#8 daragh

daragh

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

James,

Can you let me know where / from what IP you're coming in - I want to get my Hosting ISP to look into why you can't see these pages...

-Daragh

PS The iBlogPro setting you mention was unchecked - I did then check it, but it made no difference...

#9 daragh

daragh

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Actually,

The Framework change to 2.4.4 changed the nav somewhat, then the iBlogPro changed it more.

I'm wondering if you could be so kind as to point out where specifically (in both) the CSS is specified for the nav layout.

I'm thinking maybe I could make a child theme of iBlogPro and replace some of the CSS from the earlier versions?

Is this a suitable approach?

ALSO - just in terms of your not being able to see the sites, if you could possibly go

and let me know (perhaps by email) what your IP is I can get it to my hosting co to see if they can figure out what's wrong - very odd that you can't see the sites...

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hi, yeah any css you enter as a custom child theme or in the css box will override. Like the snippet I pasted above, you should see a change on entering that and saving. I've pm'd you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Problems, menu, styling, framework, iblogpro, appearance