• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 antonyw

antonyw

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

When i update my custom css it doesn't seem to update the site.... today

when i click inside the custom css window and hit ctrl+return the preview seems to make the changes (some of them) but then full publish and 'refresh' sends it back to how it was pre-css change...

it may just be a matter of time.... funny last night it seemed the more i changed the site the less responsive the whole system seemed to become... and the greater the lag... i also started getting issues where headings in text boxes on pages with the same template popped up on the other pages....

any of this ringing any bells?

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

Hi there, there was a small bug in the admin editor which was fixed in 1.1.4 which was released the last day or so. Make sure you upgrade to the latest to correct this. On early editions, once you've entered your code, click elsewhere in the admin panel to see the spinning 'saving' icon in the top right of the control panel, wait till this stops spinning before publishing to ensure the changes take affect.

#3 antonyw

antonyw

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

I'm using 1.1.4...

#4 antonyw

antonyw

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

my custom css box is simply not working..... any ideas?

#5 Erwan

Erwan

• Members

• 193 posts
  • Framework Version:Framework 2.4.4 - DMS 1.1.6 & 1.2

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hi @antonyw,

The bug was not solved with DMS 1.1.4. See PageLines last update/announcement here: https://github.com/p.../DMS/issues/564.

Until it's fixed, use the cumbersome but very simple trick indeed mentioned by @James B. If you make any kind of changes in your custom LESS/CSS area:

• just click outside of the area to initiate a save,
  • you'll see a "saving" icon & message + your toolbar status button color should change from green to blue = "Undo Unpublished Global Changes",
  • before publishing.

And double-check your changes are correctly saved after publishing, by going somewhere else and come back to this area.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17532 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

Is your issue that your CSS isn't saving, then see my solution here - http://forum.pagelin...ms-with-memory/

However, are you saying your CSS saved and is visible in the editor ?

If your custom CSS has been saved, then the most likely cause of your issue is that your CSS isn't valid or has errors.

#7 antonyw

antonyw

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:20 AM

OK .... so to finish this story, none of the changes i made to custom css yesterday would work. This morning i edited the custom css from the dashboard and saved and then switched to the front end editor and saved again.... bingo a million changes happened.

I am now not keeping a dashboard tab and front end tab open at the same time just in case... 

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17532 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

OK, so from that description above, its most likely that you were running into the saving bug. As the back-end editor is slightly different to the visual editor one and doesn't have the saving problem.