5 replies to this topic

#1 AudioDigital

AudioDigital

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

Hey all,

So I am BRAND NEW to using Wordpress, though plenty familiar with building websites.  I downloaded and installed Pagelines Platform v1.4.3.  I am having the following issues and would really appreciate any direction anyone can provide.

1.  I cannot seem to remove the Comments from my pages, even though the "Screen Options -> Show On Screen -> Comments is NOT CHECKED.

2. After having activated Sharing on my site, and have only enabled Twitter so far, there is a Reddit button and a Delicious button showing up even though they are not listed in the Enabled Services list of my Settings-> Sharing screen.  

3.  I seem to be unable to resolve the "Unknown Twitter Error" in the area just above the footer on the site.  

Any help with any of this?  Thanks SO much!!

#2 AudioDigital

AudioDigital

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Wait, could it be that there are two places to edit this type of information?  One in the normal Wordpress Dashboard but also in the PageLines Settings or Platform Settings? 

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:44 AM

Hi there, you're definitely using Platform? If so make sure you've upgraded to the last edition which was 1.6 to see if this resolves any of the issues you're experiencing. Unfortunately Platform is no longer supported and the code hasn't been updated to work with more recent versions of Wordpress so erratic things might begin to display as Wordpress moves forward.

The options to display comments are all in the platform options panel via - http://screencast.com/t/l5dydJKTLjqU

Try updating to 1.6 to see if some of the changes you've made take affect and the unwanted items are hidden as per your settings etc.

We'd also advise upgrading to DMS going forwards, as this is the latest release from PageLines and will remain updated and relevant with Wordpress. DMS is free to download the standard edition from your account page.

#4 AudioDigital

AudioDigital

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hey James,  thank you much for your help.

Yes, I am using Platform for sure.  It is version 1.4.3, as was downloaded from Wordpress just days ago.  Where can I find this 1.6 version?

Question: is there a different login for the main PageLines site as opposed to the Forum?  I registered and have an account in the forum (obviously), but when I try to use that info to log in to the main PageLines site it says my username and password are invalid.  ??

I also do not see any free version of DMS.  All I see is the minimal $8/mo pricing.  How does one find the free version?

#5 AudioDigital

AudioDigital

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Wait, just found DMS v1.0.3.2 on the Wordpress site.  Downloading...   Does DMS have all the same customizability of Platform?  I need Custom Header and Custom Colors for sure...

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

Hi there

DMS will allow you to customize more than platform did, the system uses a live drag and drop editor, so you can place elements directly as you want them ordered on the page. Each section then has its own styling/customizing options etc.

If you manually created your forum account you won't have a PageLines.com account unless you purchased something previously etc. You can register for an account at https://www.pagelines.com/my-account/

Platform 1.6 can be downloaded from https://github.com/p...nes/platformpro

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Comments, Social Networking Buttons, Twitter Error